Finally! Power metal I can get excited over...

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
It's been a rather weak year for power metal for me. You could hear a mouse piss on a cotton ball before you heard me making any noise while listening to most of it. Don't get me wrong as there have been some quality releases (i.e. Primal Fear). I just haven't found anything earthshattering that gets my adrenaline pumping.

Until now!

Savage Circus- Of Doom and Death

Hell yes! This early BG fanboy eats this shit up. Originality be damned.

Interesting.
I actually thought this was one of the best years for power metal in a LONG time. Many longer running bands have put out some of the best stuff in years for them (IE - HammerFall, Stratovarius, Grave Digger, etc).

Originality be damned.

I agree 100% with this statement. Some of my favorite bands are not original at all but they consitantly put out catchy good stuff. I agree also with Jason...this has been a great year for Power Metal.....Dark Moor, hammerfall, Strato, Grave Digger, Domain, and a bunch of other have put out some great stuff this year.

I will be buying the new Savage Circus the second I see it though.

Funny how I love everything BG but don't like SC at all. I know everyone thinks Jens sounds just like Hansi, but I love Hansi and don't like Jens' voice, odd I know. Same as I love Halford's voice and can't stand Ripper's. SC seems very genric to me, oh well they will carry on without my blessing I'm sure. :loco:

Well, and guess what I also found on eMusic! Listening to previews and I'll admit, this is pretty kick-ass! As was mentioned, not the most original, but I am certainly digging it. Yup, this will also be grabbed when I get more downloads again (sucks the bastards changed my old 90/month to a paltry 50/month now).

It's been a rather weak year for power metal for me. You could hear a mouse piss on a cotton ball before you heard me making any noise while listening to most of it. Don't get me wrong as there have been some quality releases (i.e. Primal Fear). I just haven't found anything earthshattering that gets my adrenaline pumping.

Until now!

Savage Circus- Of Doom and Death

Hell yes! This early BG fanboy eats this shit up. Originality be damned.

I would have to agree with Glenn. I thought the new Primal Fear was amazing and I liked the new Hammerfall, but nothing else was that great, especially compared to previous years. Like last year was simply amazing in terms of power metal output. While not power metal, I did find the new Saxon and Wolf to be really good though. I don't know how I missed that there was a new Gravedigger. I'm going to have to check that out.

I like this band. Don't know how I never heard of them. They virtually sound like a carbon copy of Blind Guardian though.

Yes! I'm actually listening to the new SC right now (yes, at 6 am lol). I think it's a great album, although I don't think it's better than "Dreamland Manor". Don't get me wrong, it's a great album, but DM is a classic as far as I'm concerned.

Well this is encouraging. I had more or less given up on power metal but I did like their debut and if this is anything like that it should be enjoyable within the confines of the "Originality be damned" caveat.