Financial Aid question for Grzegorsz

xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
I just got $10,000 in financial aid.

$1,000 of it is a federal work-study grant.

I don't want the work-study. I make $10/hr plus tips at my part-time job now and the hours are more convenient, so rather than make less per hour at a work-study job, I'd rather just increase the hours now.

If I go online and "sign" the loan like they ask, will I mess anything up? Is there some way for me to say I don't want the work-study? Or should I just let it ride and never apply for a job?

as far as i know the $1000 for federal workstudy is an "estimate" and not an actual award because if you took a federal workstudy position you would be making wages and its not like you would get $1000 flat. at least that is the way we work it at berklee. so really you have $9000 in federal aid in stafford loans right?

well, I think at BC you get $1000 maximum, so you could work 200 hours in one week and get it all, or 200 hours spread out over a whole semester, whatever you want.

but yeah, the rest is loans, I think all stafford.

then yeah you really have a $9000 financial aid package and the possibility of $1000 in workstudy which doesn't really matter if you don't take a workstudy position. but the financial aid office HAS to include it as an award because it technically gets figured into your financial "need" even if its just an estimate.

Yea I seriously could use that 1k. I'm supposed to get my Wells Fargo Collegiate Loan by the end of this week.. I'm cross my fingers cause working at a grocery isn't cutting paying my house, bills, car payment and then of course my short term loan for tuition is due Nov. 5. I hate most of this money shit in school.

Brandon