Finishing up my EP mix, comments appreciated!

Kick and Snare seem too low in the mix at times (OH seem OK throughout). Really noticeable at 0:22 when it all kicks in. Guitars are too high in the mix (typical guitarist mix :lol:). Wouldn't mind hearing some more Gain on the guitars also, to get rid of some of that "scratchiness". Nice riffs.

Cymbals could use some more velocity variance. Really digging the vocal layers. Drums could use more room/glue, bass could be bigger, guitars could have more low end heft to fill things out. Feels of lacking and not punchy or glued as-is.

Song and riffs rule. Some of the vocal parts get weird but I like it for the most part!

Thanks for the feedback guys, great stuff - the guitars have a bit of a cut at 250 that I'll take off to restore some oomph (and I do agree they're too loud relative to the drums), and I may re-amp them yet again (for the 5th time :D), though I'd say they're about 90% as good as they're gonna get with the pickup that was used (Duncan Alternative 8) and especially the cab (see my sig). When the levels are better matched, however, I think they'll work pretty well.

I'm definitely planning on playing with the cymbal programming too, and will investigate the ear fatigue factor. Thanks again, and glad you dig the music!

Really digging the song Marcus;)
Haven't listen the mix on proper environment for comment right now mixing wise...

Anyway, if you want to give a try with your old rectifier pm me (or message me on facebook). ;)

Thy snare sounds a little machine like on the faster parts, maybe try moving some velocities down between the 1 counts?

1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4

I know, retarded example :lol:

Thanks guys, and yes, there most certainly is bass, which I've since brought out, as well as re-amped the guitars once again with more bass and gain, so I think you'll dig the finished product! (which at the end of the day is really about the music anyway :D)