FINNTROLL will record acoustic MCD

Eldzik

Anastasia's Minion
Feb 12, 2002
Finnish humpa-metal masters Finntroll enter a makeshift studio during January to begin recording an acoustic MCD for a spring release via Spinefarm.

The band, who have yet to find a replacement for departed frontman Katla, will then focus their attention on their next full-length album, for which they have already completed three songs so far.

Keyboardist Henri "Trollhorn" Sorvali said:
"[One of the completed songs] is called 'Ursvamp' and it is fucking fast Humppa-styled song, drawing influences from Slavic traditional music and country. It is made by Tundra and me. The other one has no name yet, but it is 'traditional' Finntroll indeed, this time sounding a bit like what happens if you crossbreed MIDGÅRDS SÖNER, BAL-SAGOTH and Danny Elfman's various works. It's done by yours truly, and he is very pleased with it. About the half-made ones, there is some surprises coming up, maybe some Oi!-influences and more evil and more 'disturbed' stuff. The new album will most likely be done in summer '03, as we all have zillions of other bands to taking care of too, especially now when Somnium has joined IMPALED NAZARENE, which takes his time pretty much at the moment. I don't think there shall be any major style- changes, but as I said previously, we're trying to capture a more 'evil' atmosphere on the forthcoming record, you know, the one we had in 'Midnattens Widunder'. Personally I can't stand 'Jaktens Tid', being so 'clean', so 'nice' and containing too many Power Metal influences. (yes, I know I was responsible for them, but still... :) Trolls are supposed to be mean, ugly and hairy, and those images are not something which, in my opinion, can be associated with the music from 'Jaktens Tid'. But the next FINNTROLL album shall define the synonym for the word 'trollish' again".

About vocalist Henri said:
"Whatever happens concerning the studio, one thing is for sure: Katla will take care of every single lyric and song title on the album. We are trying some new fellows, and may actually have already decided who it will be, but I can't give any proper information until we all have agreed about it. Most likely Katla won't sing in the album, and thus we have two alternatives left: Either we find a suitable, non-compromising (no second- rate trolls approved!) brutal, trollish and evil vocalist.....or then we do the screeching and roaring by all of the members left. How we do that on stage then, is another and a very good question indeed. However, most likely a new vocalist will step in".

Finntroll site: www.finntroll.net