Firestudio

Anyone see this yet? I saw it on NAMM o6's site in their vids. It looks really cool. I own a firepod and am really happy with it but the addition of ADAT in and the wordclock in and out really make it appealing. It also comes with a really neat remote that connects via a cat5 ethernet cable so it could run up to like 100 meters. Ha I've had my firepod for around 7 months and they come out with a brand new version, dont ya hate the way technology works, ha. Heres a link to check it out... http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FireStudio/

Didn't see it on their site, but I've heard about them. They're supposed to be excellent products...now with 18 inputs/outputs, remote included, etc. It's also supposed to ship with a chip upgrade that a lot have claimed provides better A/D and D/A. The street price was estimated at about $899 a few weeks ago.

Have any songs you've recorded with your Firepod?

Yea at my myspace, there is a link to it in my signature. The one song that should play first is finished but the other one, my bros hardcore band, isnt done yet but they wanted it posted. I have really only been recording for a little under a year so any critiques would be greatly appreciated thanks

Jordan

Yeah, they have the product listed in general search, but not any actual product page up just yet. PreSonus doesn't have anything on their site yet either. I can't wait to check out the details...

I've been wanting to get a MOTU 828mkII and a PreSonus DigiMaxLT for a PC hosted setup at home...but if this thing rocks, I can save a ton of cash by getting the interface with 18 channels of I/O plus ADAT in...I could just grab another set of pres with ADAT out (OctoPre/DigiMaxLT/whatever) and have 26 simultaneous tracks available.

~006

Oh BLAST! I thought the FireStudio itself had 18 I/O...you have to connect another unit (another FireStudio, OctoPre, etc.) in order to hit 18...lame. I'll stick with the MOTU 828mkII and DigiMaxLT then...

~006

Wait...the FireStudio is $899.97...It will have 8 good mic pre's on it already...With the MOTU and DigiMaxLT (which has the same mic pre's on it), it would cost me nearly DOUBLE the price of just the FireStudio...

Hmm, since I was getting the DigiMax so I could have 8 good pres, and just the MOTU for the interface, this seems like a much better option. I wasn't going to use the pres on the MOTU..I have found a ton of reviews of the DigiMax being used with the 828 and people saying that the Digi's pres are much better than the on-board MOTU pres. Hmm. I'm actually really thankful now that you posted this up. I just saved like $800 on my PC system, thank you. Now, I wonder if Vegas 6.0 will work with it...Heh.

~006

I don't think the pre's on the Firepod/FireStudio are the same as the ones on the Digimax. Regardless, they're still great pre's.

With the FireStudio, you'll probably have more than what you need. I'm not sure how many tracks you'll need, but you could probably buy the Firestudio, then pick up a used Digimax LT for about $450 or so and already have 16 tracks to work with right there. Plus, the A/D D/A is supposedly updated from the Firepod with a new Dice 2 Firewire chip that they claim has superior conversion, and you'll have a remote to control everything from your desktop...:cool:

yea you could use your digimax u have and run the adat from that to the firstudio for 16 mic pres, that would be an awesome set-up, im kind of upset that the firepod doesnt have adat because some of my projects are coming to the point where it would be nice to have another 8 mic pres, but i guess for 600 bucks i could get another firepod and daisy chain them, oh well ther eis always somethin better, good luck with the digimax tho ive heard good things about them.

Jordan

006 said:
Oh BLAST! I thought the FireStudio itself had 18 I/O...you have to connect another unit (another FireStudio, OctoPre, etc.) in order to hit 18...lame. I'll stick with the MOTU 828mkII and DigiMaxLT then...

~006
ive got that same setup(828 and digimax lt) and its pretty sweet for sure. no problems at all.