band rehearsal/live performance recordings wanted for mix?

noarin

Producer / Engineer
Apr 16, 2006
hi guys, I've heard a lot of you talking about recording bands live/at their rehearsal space with for example a firepod or firestudio.

I'm also hearing a lot of good things on recording a band when playing together, giving the recording more energy and such.

Does anybody here have (or can make) recordings of a band playing live (or in the rehearsal room) and post the raw tracks on here? I´d love to play around with the tracks, love to see how the instrument bleed on for example the overheads can add up to the overal energy of the bands recording..

I'm really excited on the idea and would really love to play around with it!

thanks in advance!

I don't think that recording the band "live" is a common practice in metal. It works best when you're recording some pop/rock thing like coldplay, or jazz of course. I think I have some raw tracks of a jazz/fusion band playing live if you want.

Cheers!

Uploading! Check my folder (gustavo_loureiro) in a few minutes.

About the song:
Bass, Keys and Drums playing in the same room, with headphones. Bass trough an Avalon 737, Keys DI. Everything into tape :kickass:

Cheers!

The pres were from a DDA desk except for the bass as I said before. Everything was recorded into a Otari tape machine then A/D converted by a Motu HD192.
The drum mics were 2 AKG 414 for the room, AKG 451 for the cymbals, Beyer M201 on toms, Beyer M88 on Kick and Sm57 on the Snare. Don't remember what we used under the snare, but it was a condenser small diaphragm mic. The bass was an Warwick, drums were Sonor and the keys... don't remember hehe

Glad you liked!

do you have any info on the jazz recording? mics, console, pres, etc? it sounds fantastic. The mix comes together really easy.

I think that next to the fact that its been recorded with reeeaaal nice gear, it also helps that all the musicians aren't playing on the same frequentie ;)
Like almost all metalbands tend to do hahaha, metal is hard as hell to mix in contrary to these kinds of bands haha

I think that next to the fact that its been recorded with reeeaaal nice gear, it also helps that all the musicians aren't playing on the same frequentie ;)
Like almost all metalbands tend to do hahaha, metal is hard as hell to mix in contrary to these kinds of bands haha

Yeah, I've heard many producers say that if you can mix a full on death/black metal band, then you can mix any "guitar" music.