FIREWIND - DAYS OF DEFIANCE (Art, Tracklisting & More!)

The album is available on Itunes since today!

I ordered the limited edition with extra artwork, plectrum, sticker, t-shirt, so I don't buy the Itunes edition.

"Riding on the wind" is indeed no Judas Priest cover.
It sounds like an average Firewind song, nothing essential.

To my surprise I noticed that you can buy it apart from the whole album!
Maybe I'll do that...

Well... I've listened to it more than you can imagine... For a long time. I recorded all vocals for the album... So... I know the album...

There are some great tunes on it:
- The ark of lies
- Set the world on fire
- Chariot
- Skg
- The yearning
- When all is said and done

But there are also many songs that depend heavy on a sing-a-long chorus like:
- Embrace the sun
- Broken
- Cold as ice
- Losing faith

they have a commercial feel and remind of Scorpions.

Some songs would have been great, if better worked out:
- Kill in the name of love
- Heading for the dawn

The musicianship is more than ok, especially Gus G is in great shape. They have 3 members of worldclass in the band: Gus, Apollo and Bob Katsonis.

Buy the limited edition and you get 3 more fine tracks.
Ride to the rainbow's end has amazing guitarwork.

Allegiance is still their best and this one comes 3rd, after The Premonition.

8/10 :Smokedev:

Oh, and I bought "Riding on the wind" from Itunes.

At first I thought I heard a song by Pet Shop Boys, because of the disco beatbox intro, but after 5 seconds the guitar falls in and we hear a song familiar to "Losing faith". Again, a very repetive sing-a-long chorus: "riding on the wind, hey, hey!" x 20...

It's a good song, but I don't mind it being absent on the cd, I prefer the previous Itunes bonus "Wild rose" much more.
Luckely this one is on the limited edition now.

Absolutely loving this album!!! Cannot stop listening to it! Embrace the Sun is one of my favourite tracks :D Anyone else notice the phantom of the opera style riff at 1:16, love it! And the riff at 2:30 that is just classic Firewind. Cold As Ice is another of my favourites off this album, Heading For the Dawn makes me smile a lot, Broken is just incredible, the whole album is amazing, bring on 7th January!!!! So excited about hearing it live!

DoD is by far my least favorite album. There are like four or five songs that are really good, but even they aren't as good as the standout tracks on previous albums. Some songs like "Killing In The Name Of Love" are just too cheesy for me to even listen to. Plus "Embrace The Sun" is a blatant ripoff of Falling To Pieces.