Firewind new album update

Symphony

PQ member
Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk
Greek melodic metal phenomenon FIREWIND, led by the young guitar sensation Gus G. (OZZY OSBOURNE) has returned with the new studio album, Days Of Defiance, which is easily their defining musical moment. The disc is set for an October 25th release in Europe, as well as an October 26th release in North America.

The cover art was designed by the band’s longtime partner in all design matters, Gustavo Sazes. and can now be viewed below:

A special iTunes edition for Days Of Defiance will feature the exclusive new track, 'Riding On The Wind'.

Firewind guitarist and songwriter Gus G., currently on tour with Ozzy Osbourne in Europe, checks in with the following comment about the album and its artwork: “I'm very excited and cannot wait for our fans to listen to our new album! We feel we've captured great performances and took our songwriting to the next level on this one. There's tons of cool guitar on there and I believe Bob has finally managed to reach warp-speed with his keyboard solos! Even more seriously, I highly recommend that you listen to this album at a very loud volume.

“As for the artwork, it was once again done by our visual wizard and webmaster extraordinaire, Gustavo Sazes. This time we asked Gustavo to come up with a great landscape scenery, with a more traditional approach and even get the "pencil" style of artwork on there, but also combine it with more modern stuff. So, he gave us that…with a slight futuristic, sci-fi element and I think the end result is stunning!”

Days Of Defiance tracklisting

'The Ark Of Lies'
'World On Fire'
'Chariot'
'Embrace The Sun'
'The Departure'
'Heading For The Dawn'
'Broken'
'Cold As Ice'
'Kill In The Name Of Love'
'SKG'
'Losing Faith'
'The Yearning'
'When All Is Said And Done'
'Riding On The Wind' (iTunes Exclusive)

Aha! Had been expecting some infos for this. Hope it's as good or even better than The Premonition. Listening to Forged by Fire a lot lately though to get my Chity fix ;)

Sweet cover art too...looks like Hell crossed with Avatar's Pandora :lol:

Looking forward to this. Is "Riding On The Wind" a cover of the Priest song? Would be very interesting to hear it if that is the case, I know the Limited Edition version of this album, which I've already pre-ordered, is gonna include their cover of "Breaking The Law".

Edit: I just read that bit that says "...the exclusive new track, 'Riding On The Wind'.", so I presume it isn't a cover of the Priest song?