Firewind

BABS

Feb 11, 2002
Visit site
Just a quick post here to let you guys know that I saw a Firewind video on Headbanger's Ball this past weekend. What was funny is that I was sitting there sort of reading while listening and I hear what sounds like "good music" (which is strange for HBB - ha ha) I look up and think, damn those guys would be good at Progpower. Then the vid ends and they show the name and I'm like "Hey, those guys are playing Progpower"!

On another, musical side note: they also played an Into Eternity video. Again, I look up and see a face that appears familiar, but couldn't place who it was then it hit me "OMG, that's the IE dude with makeup on!" Sure enough it was.

Have no idea what happened with HBB, must have been a fluke or it's the "prog/power metal teaser" that happens from time to time to keep me tuning into the show week after week. Next, weekend I'll get punished an it'll be a bunch of crap bands on there.

I might need to watch this show again or at least tape it with my DVR and fast forward through all the mallcore.

Just a quick post here to let you guys know that I saw a Firewind video on Headbanger's Ball this past weekend. What was funny is that I was sitting there sort of reading while listening and I hear what sounds like "good music" (which is strange for HBB - ha ha) I look up and think, damn those guys would be good at Progpower. Then the vid ends and they show the name and I'm like "Hey, those guys are playing Progpower"!

On another, musical side note: they also played an Into Eternity video. Again, I look up and see a face that appears familiar, but couldn't place who it was then it hit me "OMG, that's the IE dude with makeup on!" Sure enough it was.

Have no idea what happened with HBB, must have been a fluke or it's the "prog/power metal teaser" that happens from time to time to keep me tuning into the show week after week. Next, weekend I'll get punished an it'll be a bunch of crap bands on there.
I caught about an hour of it as well. They had good videos from Trivium, Firewind, Into Eternity and King Diamond all in a row. I'm not a regular viewer, but it seemed that it much more in line with my tastes than usual. I wonder if it was a fluke or a trend?

Britt

I'm looking forward to seeing them at Progpower. It was certainly a nice surprise to see HBB play that sort of stuff. Wish they did it more often.

I caught that video as well and had to rewind and DVR it. I was on the couch dosing off and woke up to that song. My first time hearing Firewind. The guys aren't bad to look at either! :kickass:

Incidentally, FIREWIND is now touring the US prior to PP. They have been added to my EPICA/Visions of Atlantis show in Minneapolis on 9/19/2007. I would recommend that people check out their Epica shows in their areas as you will probably now get two killer bands on the same bill!

SkiBumMSP and I are hoping we can see Sonata Arctica and Firewind at Jaxx on Wednesday before PP, fly down to Atlanta early on Thursday morning, then see the PP Showcase, and see Sonata Arctica and Firewind again at PP USA!

I already own Allegiance, can't wait to own the rest of their catalog!

:kickass: :kickass: :headbang: :headbang: