First 35 Seconds of My Curse - Free Plugins for Raw Tone - Best Mix Yet!

TrueDesire

Jun 22, 2011
Hey guys!

I've been trying to get better at mixing and stuff and i think i've almost cracked it.

I've been after a killswitch tone for a while and have been trying to make one on the pod, Which i couldnt do, so i tried to use the high suality free plugins and this is what i ended up with.

[SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/epictunageness/my-curse-cover/s-ng64p[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Please truthfully tell me what you think, and im not the best guitarist in the world, so sorry if its sloppy.

at about 27 seconds theres a squeal noise, i have sorted that out in the new one by re-recording that section, But i can't be bothered to upload it yet! :)

The clean tones are bit too "banjoey" to me, I'm not sure that's a good word to describe it. It sounds quite thin and there's alot of top end.

The distorted tones have way too much gain for me and are also in need of some trimming especially in the high frequencies.

Don't take my word as gospel. I am no expert when it comes to music production, merely just giving a passing opinion.