First attempt at southern type metal (MOTS)

Laneismusic

Nov 20, 2009
Arlington, Tx.
www.myspace.com
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6418015/facebook%20bitch.mp3

NOT southern. sorry bout that haha
Drums: Superior Drummer 2.0 (metal foundry)
Guitar 1: Panned left 35% Podfarm>channel EQ>limiter>high pass? (I think)
Guitar 2: Panned right 35% Podfarm>channel EQ>limiter>high pass? (i think)
Bass: Center (Podfarm>Compressor(a lot)>limiter>Channel EQ
Vox: Center (Preamp>limiter>EQ)

Stereo out: EQ>limiter>OZONE (some preset that really made it big, tube saturation maybe?) forgot the name..

Anyways I really like this, but i've only done a few mixes so critique me however you want. I don't really know how to "edit" guitars fully. But what i did was make my drum track, then record one guitar and cut, cut, cut, cut, move, cut, and move even more until everything was perfect, at least to me. Then I would continue recording the next guitar following the same steps afterwards. Last was bass.

Both of the guitars have the same amp models and what not on Podfarm. I was really uneasy about changing the tones for each one because I was afraid I will lose the big tone, and go back to having a flat "high" gain tone. But once again, tell me what you think.

What do ya'll recomend as far as my settings and/or signal chain for my guitars? That's something I really need input on.

I just gave you 4 links that will improve your sound a lot. Deactivate the cabsim in podfarm, put a plugin behind it that can handle impulses (Poulin Le Cab is awesome and FREE!) and be amazed. Next step would be recording real amps and cabs!

You shouldn't put something like ozone on a mix if the mix itself isn't sounding good and if you don't know what you are doing.

Concentrate on making the mix sound good without ozone first.

Play around with the impulses...no one can tell you what kind of combination is going to sound good in your mix with your gear.

And definitely pan the guitars hard left/right or about 90/90...but not 35/35.