First attempt at using 2 mics together...

Jaymz

Stymphalian Productions
May 20, 2006
York
www.facebook.com
Continuing the old school vibe with this one....

I thought id try and try using 2 mics on the Mesa cab since ive recently got my hands on 2 mic stands. One of them being a floor mounted stand so I mic'd a bottom speaker with a 58 because thats all I have at the moment and the top with a 57. Didn't really fiddle with them just went for it.

4 tracks *takes* all together, I used the 57's mainly in this test, the 58 are hiding about -5db under the 57's on each take.

Whacked some EQ on afterwards and there we go, I don't know if I did it "right" or whatever but I think it sounds okay for a shot in the dark.

Any info wanted let me know.

Enjoy!

OVER THE WALL! :kickass::headbang::lol:

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/451140/OTW_test7.mp3

Cool dude, the tone fits well in the mix, and I suppose there's nothing I can say as far as eq goes that I think would help, cuz it seems well balanced (not too fizzy/muffled/flubby/WOOLY etc. :D). However, I guess what it comes down to is I'd like the sound of those MC90s...if I was 20 years older, fat, drove a muscle car, lived around the San Francisco bay, and had a mullet :erk: Too squelchy/metallic/old school for me! You could always snag a pair of V30s for an X-pattern (or leave it as is if you're happy with it, of course!)

Thanks! I think ill stick with the 4 of these for now :p Ive been after those old school metallic sounds for years anyway haha :lol:

mullet-2.jpg

I like the tonezz! :headbang::lol:

Hehe, not to go too far off topic, but I actually liked Jaymz during his mullet era, that was also the era where Kirk had dreads and started wearing makeup lol, as seen in an older Woodstock video I believe.........I know the video I saw was them playing Blitzkrieg.

Sounds really great, I really love that it doesn't sound like it's right in your face - I wish my tones (revalver ;<) would sound just a bit more distant.
I think it lacks a bit low end and there is a peak at 7200~ that I find unpleasant, otherwise great tone!

Yeah I used a Boss SD-1, settings were drive 8:30, tone 11:15, level 12:00.

I have the Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 which has 2 liquid pre's which you can select 10 different models of high end pre emulations with.