First attempt micing my 5150 (5150 vs. AxeFx)

Cacoph0ny

Feb 23, 2008
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/2407399/00-5150.mp3

Only rhythm guitars are 5150.

Spent about 2 hours messing with my first SM57. I actually ended up micing the top right speaker as it sounded way better imo. Anyway, the playing is super sloppy and one riff is way out of time because it was all first take lol. And I could barely hear the song out of my speakers because the 5150 is so fucking loud.

Here is the AxeFx version.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/2407399/00-3.mp3

BTW, is it micing or miking?

Both are fucking great tones.
I like the first (5150) better than AxeFX, the low mids are better on that. Not so muddy. But a little EQ on the second track could fix it.
But playing with axe-fx is easier, isn't it?:)
Anyway, fucking nice tones!

Holy fuck:OMG:one of the best guitar tones that I have heard.

Wow,thanks man. That's nice to hear.

Both are fucking great tones.
I like the first (5150) better than AxeFX, the low mids are better on that. Not so muddy. But a little EQ on the second track could fix it.
But playing with axe-fx is easier, isn't it?:)
Anyway, fucking nice tones!

Yeah, I definitely like the 5150 better. The funny thing is is that is the best AxeFx tone I've dialed in and it took me so long to get it. Whereas the 5150 tone came after about an hour of messing around. I see what people mean when they say digital can't compare to a real amp.

I like the 5150 better. But something about digital tones always nice and smooth to me. I easily can to do both....but for this test, I like the way the Mic'd 5150 grabs me...if that makes any sense.

Both sounds great to me, good job man! What cab did you mic, or was it a 5150 too?

I think that you played better with the AFX, and that's what matter IMHO. Both sound good though, and the cab sim is the weak point of the Axe-FX. Use it as a preamp and have more fun. :)

very very nice sound, i like it:) 5150 better.
plz show your axe-fx settings, it's direct sound ?