5150 vs the AxeFX - Shootout!

What do you mean. Can you explain a bit further with examples? Just so I understand what type of palm mute you're after.
The main difference I'm hearing is in the 'pick attack'-part of the palm muted notes (I guess it's open string on the 6th string). The attack doesn't sound as sharp in the D-clip as in the A-clip...

I've noticed this difference when switching from amplitube/guitarrig-type vst modelers to my new ENGL 530 - so I figured it might be due to current tube-modelling algorithms...

Would be interested in hearing just a bunch of alternate picked 16ths and gallopy-type palm muted E's from the axe-fx with that patch (and maybe the 5150 if you still have it setup...) :)

The main difference I'm hearing is in the 'pick attack'-part of the palm muted notes (I guess it's open string on the 6th string). The attack doesn't sound as sharp in the D-clip as in the A-clip...

I've noticed this difference when switching from amplitube/guitarrig-type vst modelers to my new ENGL 530 - so I figured it might be due to current tube-modelling algorithms...

Ah yeah, that could well be that. I've heard that too, but I stopped bothering because it's benefits of having it in front of you with the ability to save easily outweighs that IMHO. Another thing is that it doesn't feel any different to play either the real amp or the AFX.

Not to mention that it's just as similar to at least 30 other amps too. For the type of accuracy in a 2U box, it continues to blow my mind. Perfect or not. ;)

I have at the moment one 5150, a Dual Rectifier, a Mark IIc+ and a Diezel VH4 that sounds just as good as my mind tells me they should. Yep, fanboy FTMFW! :kickass:

Damn, I couldn't nail anything even if I had all the geriatric aid in the world. ;) :lol:

And if I thought I could, there's always the different taste in sound...
facepalm.gif

Sounds great, I guessed that as well.

Any chance of a comparison between the Axe and the Diezel? :)

-Joe

That would've been interesting, even though the one I've borrowed is a Herbert, BUT today (after leaving it on standby for a couple of minutes to warm up) after turning it on, a preamp tube popped like a light bulb. Bang! ;) Almost shit myself! It has never happened to me before, and being a €3000 borrowed amp.... ;)