First Axe-FX II Clip - New Walk As Chaos Song

Sounds pretty cool man. One of the smoother Axe high gain tones I've heard.

Could possibly use a little less of the 'telephony' stuff at 600Hz to 1kHz. In a dense arrangement like this you could get away with a more open, cutting tone with a bit more hair on the high-end. I think it'd open up the whole mix immediately.

Sounds pretty cool man. One of the smoother Axe high gain tones I've heard.

Could possibly use a little less of the 'telephony' stuff at 600Hz to 1kHz. In a dense arrangement like this you could get away with a more open, cutting tone with a bit more hair on the high-end. I think it'd open up the whole mix immediately.

Thanks I'll give that a shot! There is a little cut on the guitars at 1k already but I'll check it out. I think there's a ton of energy in the mids from all the synth layers too, I want to revisit automation on those and maybe trim some out.

Sounds pretty good because of your awesome playing & EQ skills, but doesn't really sound noticeably better than the original Axe-FX... still has a bit of that plastic sort of sound in the mids.

I know you had an RG2228 before with 808s. Could you say how you think the 808 and 808x compare to each other?

Thanks guys!

Sounds pretty good because of your awesome playing & EQ skills, but doesn't really sound noticeably better than the original Axe-FX... still has a bit of that plastic sort of sound in the mids.

I know you had an RG2228 before with 808s. Could you say how you think the 808 and 808x compare to each other?

Yeah I'm not 100% happy with the tone yet, but I believe it's in there. I find the texture and feel of the II to be a definite step up, and it's only on V2.0. Not to mention all the usability upgrades make it a more friendly tool.

It's hard to compare directly since I had the RG quite awhile and that was a way different guitar. I didn't mind the 808s in that guitar but I'd say they have more of the typical EMG sound: bright, tight, lots of output etc. The X are still from the same family but a lot more towards a passive output / feel. I really like them actually! In this guitar I way prefer them to the SD Blackout.