First Axe Fx II High Gain Clip

to bad the guy didnt post just the guitar the mix just makes it sounds horrible, untill i start a periphery cover band i don't think ill be buying an axe fx.

:lol: i agree 100% every time i hear and axe clip i hear that axe-fx grindy midrange that you just cant EQ out.

whass wrong with grindy midrange :?
Nothing at all, jus the axe-fx has a certain character to its sound thats unique to it. which i think makes it less versatile as every amp sim has it, I've owned 3 axe-fx's so i've been quite passionate with the unit. You either love or hate it. Engl's and VHT's have a grindy character which i love btw.

mm.. not enough to judge the unit imo. its just one tone, and i know you think it has to do with character like its inherant but i think the dude probably has settings that at least push towards that. im not saying your wrong im just saying i personally would wait.
Though honestly my axe fx (1) was never bought to compete with my amps, i always thought of it as a great tool for laying down ideas (and im so greateful for it!) so i never really cared about that debate. Im not saying it cant do more (or vice versa) just the way i look at the unit.

Anyway im probably saying nonsense as it 6 am and i need to sleep cheers!

mm.. not enough to judge the unit imo. its just one tone, and i know you think it has to do with character like its inherant but i think the dude probably has settings that at least push towards that. im not saying your wrong im just saying i personally would wait.
Though honestly my axe fx (1) was never bought to compete with my amps, i always thought of it as a great tool for laying down ideas (and im so greateful for it!) so i never really cared about that debate. Im not saying it cant do more (or vice versa) just the way i look at the unit.

Anyway im probably saying nonsense as it 6 am and i need to sleep cheers!

I cant justify owning both Funds-wise but i'm curious to hear more but im plenty happy with my amps for now.

Axe-fx was never really about going direct to me. There are FREE amp-sims out there that do a very nice job for this. Axe-fx through a proper power amp and cabinet is where the alien queen's titties are at. Like I said before, it may not nail everything at 100%, but it sure sounds hella convincing, and most importantly - good.

thats true its especially useful for gigs as well. What poweramp do you like to use with it by the way?

That clip sounded like shit.

For some reason the axe is yawn worthy to me, so many other things guitar related I would rather have that come with a lot less hassle both money and wait wise.

I'm getting to that point now tbh. I plug into my Fryette and it's like... fuck it, I don't need anything else!!