first Bogner Ubercab Clip

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
yooo.
this is the first recording of the Bogner Überschall Cab.
I have to admit it doesn't mic as easily as the mesa cab, it's a bit boomier and the v30 are more aggressive (also not broken in yet), in the room/live this is the best sounding cab I've heard!
Now my task is to capture that impression with the mics....

here's a wee clip showing max 40-50% of how good the box sound in the room

Recto Uber
(doubletracked, v30+t75 with 1 sm57 on each speaker, the t75 like 3 dB lower in the mix)

and another one...this time 5150 and the t75 a bit softr in the mix (like 7-8dB below the v30:

5150 uber

I think I'm keeping this cab!

yeah, really beginning to love this cab quite a bit.....I was torn between this one, the Mesa stiletto and the Marshall 1960DM...I think this one really adds a nice flavour that the other cabs wouldn't....I think I'll be keeping it.

it's so thick and juicy, yet extremely well balanced....the text on the Bogner HP decribes it perfectly:

Bogner said:
the epitome of 4x12 tone: chunky bass response, rich, fat and woody. You know how Orange Juice from concentrate tastes kinda flat and bland, well our 4x12 is like fresh squeezed Orange Juice with all that chewy pulp...except our notes are thick with wood pulp. Our speaker cabinets have been developed to respond to your nuances as a player, we make cabinets that are alive with resonance, 3D note projection and that dance with every note played.

Equally as good as the Recto Oversized cabs IMO.
Not the same sounding obviously, but it has a cool unique tonal quality that fits the mix

Fucking amazing sound. I love the mix of v30 and t75. Makes me wanna mix and match my 1960av with the 2x12 t75 combo..

Best I've heard from you, Lasse. You only need to keep that cab. The T75/V30 mix is awesome. I have something similar with my Engl V30 right next to Fredriks old Marshall T75 4x12 and when they play together.... YEAH BABY!

Here is a clip I had recorded with my 5150 Voodoo modded with the Uberkab (V30s only).
Same old Rose of Sharyn DI :)
Only used 2 tracks of the 4. Sorry...
Just LowPass+HighPass EQ.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2598023/KSE RoseOf Sharyn 5150V+5150V Bogner Cab V30s 57+421.mp3

This is the same amp settings but with the Mills Cab:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2598023/KSE RoseOf Sharyn 5150V+5150V Mills Cab V30s 57+421.mp3

And a mix of the 2 cabs (Left-Bogner Right-Mills)that works great in my opinion:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2598023/KSE RoseOf Sharyn 5150V+5150V Bogner+Mills Cab V30s 57+421.mp3

Eddy,

I'd say your mids were too high and the presence was too low on both of your clips for a 5150. It's missing some bite, but it a bit honky sounding.

Lasse,

I think that the Recto clip sounds best. You've been putting out some of your best tones lately :headbang:

Eddy,

I'd say your mids were too high and the presence was too low on both of your clips for a 5150. It's missing some bite, but it a bit honky sounding.

Greg,

For the typical Metal band (90% of them) I agree with you and that's the way I usually use, but for the Killswitch sound I hear their guitar sound with more mids and less presence. It has that crunchier and fuller sound that most metal bands don't have anymore.

Maybe my clip is a little in the direction of "As Daylight Dies".

In my opinion it just needs a cut in the low mids and maybe a small touch in the high mids if necessary after mixing it with the other tracks.

yeah, really beginning to love this cab quite a bit.....I was torn between this one, the Mesa stiletto and the Marshall 1960DM...I think this one really adds a nice flavour that the other cabs wouldn't....I think I'll be keeping it.
:

I heard the Mesa Stilleto cab a few days ago and didn't like it much, could be from the place where I heard it... It sounded too thin. The Bogner has more balls.
I went to the shop to get a Orange 412 V30 cabinet that I had ordered and they had a Mesa Stilleto cabinet so I took the opportunity and compared both using a Mesa Dual Rectifier 2010.
Listening in the room, the orange was better sounding by far.
5 people in the shop and nobody had any doubt which one sounded better.

Great clips BTW (as usual) , I hijacked your thread and didn't even comment your clips. Sorry :lol: