Bogner modded Marshall Clips

so, here's a more death metal sounding clip...Bogner cab, v30 and t75 roughly at the same volume:

BoBoShall

Again no boost (this amp will never see a boost I think), I have a 60Hz/11kHz HP/LP on it this time..but just cause it was on on default, sounded the same without it

Of course this is not the tune for an oldschool DM sound, wish I could reamp a song for one of your pprojects...old school DM, preferrably with a passive pup etc, cause I think that's what this amp does best.

also if you say you hate THIS tone you didn't grow up on the same shit I did...shame on you! (I agree it's not the perfect tone for this song of course)

Shit, is it just me, or was my playing almost tailored for this amp? Everything sounds super smooth and tight; really digging it! I'd probably dial in more brightness, but it's not really fizzy at all which rules!

Shit, is it just me, or was my playing almost tailored for this amp? Everything sounds super smooth and tight; really digging it! I'd probably dial in more brightness, but it's not really fizzy at all which rules!

yeah, but the playing wasn't really bad through any amp ;)
I hear you about the more brightness thing (it's a really dark sounding amp to begin with), but I think two of these tracks blended with 2 recto tracks for the ultra lows and ultra highs would be killer...the marshall would fill the mids then

and here a different one....first the settings:

Presence: MAX
Bass: 8
Mid: 1.8
treb: 7.3
preGain: 3.1
master: 2.8
(as you can see the settings aren't much different from the settings I used for the first clip...but you'll hear that these0.4 on the mids and trebble change the sound quite a bit)

looks like some kids powerball I know ('cept for the gain of course, lol).
sound quite different though...here you go:

BoBoShall Extreme Death Metal

again, no boost involved.

Wow sounds really great to my ears, very nice buy!

yeah, but the playing wasn't really bad through any amp ;)
I hear you about the more brightness thing (it's a really dark sounding amp to begin with), but I think two of these tracks blended with 2 recto tracks for the ultra lows and ultra highs would be killer...the marshall would fill the mids then

I agree. My experience is that passive pickups into marshall JCM 800 + Recto through a good cab (preferably not a Mesa :devil:) is tone heaven (that is for the kind of tone I like :saint:)

Awesome, keen to hear what difference the new tubes make. I know you're buying new amps like every week, so if the pang hits you again, I'd greatly recommend an Ecstacy if you're still after the 'best amp in the world for solos' because I've heard nothing else that even comes close. It has all the Bogner trademark sound, but without the fizz of the Uber, and with ultra saturated/squishy low-mids. That whole 'hugening' effect that the Krank had on the rhythms for us, the Ecstacy seems to have on leads.

I'm not sure how much bearing the cab had on it though. It should work through any as long as that awesome speaker excursion switch is set to 'loose' (best switch I've ever seen on any amp ever... it's like an in-built 6kHz lowpass).

jason livermore s stuff is all about bogner ecstacy.
listen to the new stick to your guns or the last rise against...

Is the Excursion switch on the Ecstasy basically the same as the Spongy/Bold switch on Rectos? Really been digging Spongy on my Recto lately, especially at lower volumes.

Fucking hell this amp rules. Modded 800's are my thing. I just love the sound. I prefer this to even the uber clips.

and here a different one....first the settings:

Presence: MAX
Bass: 8
Mid: 1.8
treb: 7.3
preGain: 3.1
master: 2.8
(as you can see the settings aren't much different from the settings I used for the first clip...but you'll hear that these0.4 on the mids and trebble change the sound quite a bit)

looks like some kids powerball I know ('cept for the gain of course, lol).
sound quite different though...here you go:

BoBoShall Extreme Death Metal

again, no boost involved.

The smoothness rocks. It's a bit boomy, though.

It's very possible. I know that Jeff used Trillian for the bass on that one, so I don't see it getting too out of control.

I've heard great thing about these Bogner modded Marshalls. They're sure as hell not cheap.

you won't fucking believe it...
I did love that amp, just didn't like the lack of bite/high end...
well, turns out one of the preamp tubes was fucked....
just replaced them and now it sounds at least 5 times as good as the original clips....wait for updated clips ;)

I'm so fucking stoked...you thought the other clips sounded decent? wait for the new ones!
the hum is also gone...damn, this thing does nothing but kill!

just compared it directly to the überschall..
the gain structure IS rather similar. the Marshall has less fizz and creamier mids, it's also leaner around the bottomend and overall more saturated.
the über is a bit fizzier and has way deeper bottomend, mids on 3:00 on the über = mids on 10:00 on the marshall, gain on 10:00 on the marshall = gain on 2:00 on the über.
but you can definitely tell that the amps were built/modded by the same person)...combined they rule beyond ruling.

Is the Excursion switch on the Ecstasy basically the same as the Spongy/Bold switch on Rectos? Really been digging Spongy on my Recto lately, especially at lower volumes.

No, totally different thing.

The "Bold/Spongy" switch on the Recto drops the power supply voltage, so you lose a bit of headroom and the tonal character of the tubes changes.

The Ecstasy's "Excursion" switch alters the output impedance (damping factor) of the poweramp.

It's functionally more like the Damping switch on the TripleXXX, although the details may differ.