The 'Which Guitar Gear on Which Album?' Compendium

Wow. Much more going on than i was thinking. For my taste, this CD is a reference in modern technicial Death-metal. These guys are just incredible! Thanks for the quick response.

Pickup: EMG 81

Boost: Maxon OD820

Amp: Peavey 5150

Cab: Mesa Oversized 4x12

Mic: SM57

You can't go wrong with a go-to setup for metal guitars like this.

I know Steve Holt from 36. There is no way he would ever use a Krank amp. He uses only old early revision two channel dual recs with standard Marshall cabs. For boost he uses 808, and he also sometimes uses Fulltone OCD. A Boss dd3 and old Boss Phaser also are on his board. In the loop of the Mesa he runs a Furman PQ parametric. That's it. Recently I was at his studio and he has been messing around with a block letter 5150.

Stoked for the Endgame guitar breakdown. I'm a huge Megadeth fan, and the production was crucial in making the band sound so revitalized on that record in particular.

I know Steve Holt from 36. There is no way he would ever use a Krank amp. He uses only old early revision two channel dual recs with standard Marshall cabs. For boost he uses 808, and he also sometimes uses Fulltone OCD. A Boss dd3 and old Boss Phaser also are on his board. In the loop of the Mesa he runs a Furman PQ parametric. That's it. Recently I was at his studio and he has been messing around with a block letter 5150.

Too bad; Sneap reamped and it definitely was a Krank.

Periphery 2

Preamp: Axe Fx 2, I'm guessing the 5150 model because of nolly, maybe the FAS on 7 string tracks

Poweramp: EVH 5150iii

Cab: OS Mesa, 57 mic

Guitars: 6 strings - Nolly and Mishas Blackmachines, Jakes Ibanez (LACS?). 7 strings, Decibel, Jackson custom , Daemoness, VIK. 8 - Ibanez RG2228.

Pickups: BKP aftermath, coldsweat in the 6 bridges, VH2/coldsweat necks. Aftermaths and possible Jugg prototypes on all the 7s, emg 808x in the 2228

Gotta say I'm seeing a few of these entries don't match up. I don't think anyone's purposely being deceptive. Lotta years gone by. I thought it was common knowledge Mustaine recorded w/ Rocktron Prophecy on a few albums.