Lolzgreg's Immense Guitar Gear Shootout!

lolzgreg

Cereal Shipping Sneapster
Dec 17, 2008
Long Beach, New York
Amplifiers:

a. Baron K2
b. Baron XTC
c. Mesa/Boogie 2010 Dual Rectifier
d. EVH 5150 III
e. Peavey Windsor (modded by Dave Friedman + Custom Transformers)
f. Engl Savage 120
g. Peavey 5150

Boosts:

a. Maxon OD-820 Pro
b. Keeley Modded Boss SD-1
c. Ibanez TS7

Cabinets:

a. Engl Pro 4x12 (V30s)
b. Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 4x12 (V30s)
c. Stone Age 412B (Heritage Greenbacks)
d. EVH 5150 III 4x12 (K100s)

Microphones:

a. SM57 (Fredman)
b. Cascade Fathead II (with Lundhal Transformers)
c. Oktavamod MXL2001 (one hell of a detailed condenser)

I am providing backing tracks and DIs.

I think you'd be a great candidate. I'm really liking the way your DIs sound and Ermz's backing tracks in your thread where you let people mix your song. I posted an entry there btw, check it out.

I don't care much about clean tones, because it's quite simple to get good sounding ones, to be honest, but if all of you insist, I will do clean clips or even "crunch" clips.

I've never heard any clean guitars from you... so, I gotta disagree until I hear otherwise. :p

Decent cleans? sure, easy. GREAT cleans? not so much... it probably depends how much you listen to music that has clean guitar tones though. you may not have much opinion on them either way if you aren't into it.

I'd be happy to mix whatever backing track. If I haven't been so out of practice for the last 3 years I'd also happily provide DIs, but I think Ola or Kyle are the top candidates for this.

Also, Greg, note the difference between your product with Ola's tracks and DIs as opposed to everyone's entries in the current guitar comp. It's massive, and part of what we were talking about in that thread. The backing track has to be balanced to accommodate a normal guitar tone, and the DIs themselves likely benefit from simpler material played tightly (even though in this case the tuning and performance is still a little out).