First Carcass, now this!

I sadly never got into this band in the beginning, not because I didn't like them, I just never bought a CD. After the style they helped to create became more popular, I gave them a listen, and with all the hype about this band, I found it to be a bit disappointing. I guess if I had listened to them from day one, I would feel differently, but this is one reunion I'm not effected by. Carcass on the other hand, I'm thrilled about!

I don't have any problem with At The Gates reforming....frankly I think they split up way before their time anyhow. I'd love to get the chance to see them again. And oddly enough, I actually had a strong feeling this was gonna happen, I even mentioned it to a couple of people, funny that it wound up coming true.

I always enjoyed At The Gates, they were one of my favorite underground bands back in the mid-Nineties. Same goes for Carcass. If a promoter was smart enough, they should put both of those bands together on a tour of the U.S., it'd do very well. You know that 99% of the metalcore-type bands here would be chomping at the bit to open that tour.

I can understand how some fans get frustrated with the reunion thing. I've felt that way about certain bands I was a fan of too. But from the musicians point of view, I don't blame these bands for reforming....if they are feeling like jamming again and they can make some money from it, more power to them. Bands like Carcass and At The Gates deserved to gain much more from this in the first place, so better late than never I guess.

Contact Mr. Hall, he still has my Slaughter of the Soul cd. Along with like 15 others.

Not that I'm bitter :)

And I still think that an At the Gates version of FELtF would be an awesome live addition.

It wouldn't be quite as out of place now with our current direction, to be honest. One day maybe we'll lay it down in the studio and include it as a bonus track or something, just for fun. Just as long as people didn't take it too seriously!