At The Gates reunion!

It's not worth driving to Illinois to see them play shit songs with thousands of shit fans who just want to mosh and be gay.

It's not worth driving to Illinois to see them play shit songs with thousands of shit fans who just want to mosh and be gay.

Hmmm, so you surmise that "da Haunted" fans will be showing up in droves aye?!?!

Blargh!!! I'll probably hold off my decision until I see the setlist for the U.S tour. :)

Pretty much exactly what I mean. Ninety percent of the metal heads at my university thing Slaughter of the Soul is one of the best metal albums ever.

Just take a look at the Direct Support slot... Darkest Hour... you're guaranteed a very large chunk of fans that are going to ruin the show.

Who the fuck are Darkest Hour?!?!

Sounds like a name for a Goddamn Emo band! That, or a potential headliner for the Chicago Powerfest. :tickled:

:lol:

They're one of the forefront bands in the American "Lets sound like Slaughter of the Soul" scene.

Never did I think I'd see the day when these bands would actually be opening up for the band they've spent the last 13 years copying. :erk:

Pretty much exactly what I mean. Ninety percent of the metal heads at my university thing Slaughter of the Soul is one of the best metal albums ever.

Well, that's better than the ones that I know, who think the imitators are the best thing ever and don't even know that SotS exists :puke:

Blargh!!! I'll probably hold off my decision until I see the setlist for the U.S tour.

Do you think it's really going to be tough to predict? Their final two albums played in their entirety would total 57 minutes...so, that, plus maybe a couple old ones, right? Or do you just want to make sure they aren't sticking in a bunch of beloved Haunted songs to fill out the set?

Anyway, as a noble American, you can't let the shameful audience composition keep you away. What if EVERYONE thought like that? Huh? That would be letting the metalcore terrorists win!!! Make a stand!

I saw Darkest Hour several years back, coincidentally opening for The Crown when they had Tomas Lindberg singing for them. Or maybe that's not a coincidence? Perhaps Lindberg generously thought of his old buds when he was looking for someone who could pay AtG a massive buy-on for the privilege of opening? Anyway, I might have been infected with gay at that time, but I actually thought DH was not bad.

Neil

I saw them in '96 with Dissection and Morbid Angel at The Thirsty Whale (or something like that) in Chicago. One of the best shows I have ever seen. I'm not sure I want to muddy the waters of that memory. It simply wouldn't be the same. Fuck Darkest Hour. Municipal Waste is good, but I don't like them on this tour.

I'll probably be at the NYC date. Good call holding it at Irving so I don't have to put up with BB Kings and their asshole security.

Though yes, there's probably going to be an army of metalcore kids there. Maybe I'll watch this from the bar.