AT THE GATES announces reunion shows!

It's less aggressive and angry, which is why I like it.

I'll just never forgive ATG for spawning legions of unimaginitive drummers...maybe I'm just bitter.

Am I the only person that thinks Heartwork is very overrated?
I'd probably still take it over Slaughter Of The Soul, though.

Necroticism and Symphonies are amazing, but Heartwork doesn't really do all that much for me. It's not really a bad album, but I can't help but feel that it gets more respect than it really deserves.

Well, compared to releases in the decade following it, yes, it doesn't really shine like it used to. Metal has gotten better and worse; the better part, however, has gotten A LOT better. Black, death, and doom metal increased in quality ten-fold over the years.

I liked Heartwork a lot because it had great grooves as well as death metal riffs.

Yeah, Jester Race is brilliant.

As far as death metal goes, I prefer 80's-mid 90's death metal. Most of my favorite DM albums came out in this time frame. Same thing with black metal.

I'd say that In Flames released Reroute, Soundtrack, and Come Clarity.
Never liked Metallica, aside from their demos and first two albums, so I didn't really care about St. Anger

hahaha ummm......in flames downfall because i was more aware of it happening. the black album came out when i was like 9 or something.