AT THE GATES announces reunion shows!

30 minutes is good. When I was in maryland I drove 45min - 1 1/2 hours to Jaxx (varied due to traffic) just because it was the ONLY place to see shows. So I skipped some I wanted to see due to the distance, cause yeah, SLEEP IS AWESOME.

I like the story of the time Cara and I were on our way to see Opeth and we said "HEY KNOW WHAT'S BETTER THAN OPETH? A MALL!" so we went to a mall but it turns out it was sunday and the mall was closing :p ..... still better than opeth.

Or that time I walked out on dark tranquillity (well, ONE of those times I did that, hahaha) and had hot wings and OH MAN THOSE WERE GOOD HOT WINGS (<3 recher theatre in towson)

So there is this festival with some of the greatest metal bands of all-time reuniting for a few shows and you can get there within a few hours from basically every point in Germany... and yet I know lots of people who'd better stay at home or go somewhere else. If that doesn't speak for itself...

We feel we have better things to do than camp in an open air environment with questionable health practices and poor living conditions for 3 days?

We feel we have better things to do than camp in an open air environment with questionable health practices and poor living conditions for 3 days?

The only way to get through it is most likely to be hammered 3 days in a row... I usually need vacation from that vacation.

And then you're 1/2k from the stage due to crowds. Nah, I'd go to Europe for Europe's sake. And not the UK or Germany. They're like USA Jr. with their privacy and speech laws now.

Thing is, most of them don't tour. They play about 5 shows and then call it quits again. It's called "Shit, we have some bills to pay, lets play a few shows together and then maybe half-ass another record and call it a day till 2015 when we need money again."

yeah, but if those bands were playing at wacken each year i'd go each year just to see them. i'd rather see them on some small couple of reunion shows than never at all. as long as the performances are good and they aren't half assing it just to get paid i'd gladly go to see a lot of the good reuniting bands. if they are doing it just for the money AND aren't doing it well however, then i have a problem.

An excerpt from the an interview .....
==================================
Q: You have announced three shows so far — in Finland, Germany and the UK. How many dates in total do you expect to do and which additional territories will be covered?

Anders: We have talked about a couple of European festivals, and possibly a couple of shows in the U.S., but that's all I can tell right now. Please be patient with this. We want to cover as many territories as possible, but since we probably won't do extensive tours you might have to travel a bit to see us in this short period of time.

Q: Jeff Walker from CARCASS implied in a recent interview with BLABBERMOUTH.NET that he would like to team up with AT THE GATES for some reunion shows, especially in the U.S. Is this something that you are considering?

Anders: We would love to do some U.S. shows, but when and where (and with who), we don't know. Probably during the summer of 2008 sometime.

There are no concrete plans to tour with CARCASS.
=====================================

You can read it here:
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=83047

HOW AWESOME WOULD THAT BE CARCASS AND AT THE GATES TOURING THE STATES !!!

if they come to san francisco or something i'll go see em for sure. Slaughter of the Soul and Terminal Spirit Disease are pretty much flawless.

They were really good, but even way back when I first started listening to them, it never really stuck with me like Carcass did.

Heartwork pisses all over anything ATG did or ever will do. There were a few good songs on SOTS, but nothing epic like Heartwork.

Just for the record, seeing The Haunted is like watching grass grow.

Right now I'm listening to Wages of Sin by AE, and I must say that it's the only really excellent album through and through by them since Angela joined the band. I've heard some things off the new one, and it's good, but it just sounds like they're trying to re-capture Wages.

I still miss Stigmata, though.

Heartwork pisses all over anything ATG did or ever will do. There were a few good songs on SOTS, but nothing epic like Heartwork.
well thats just like, your opinion, man.

im sure many will agree with you, but i like SOTS and TSD more than Heartwork. i like Heartwork a lot, but it seems to have less feeling or something.