AT THE GATES announces reunion shows!

G

GurusAtTheGates

AT THE GATES announces reunion shows!

Yes, it's true... AT THE GATES will reunite for some shows next summer (2008).
The following festivals are confirmed so far:

04-06 July Ruis Rock, Finland
31 July-02 Aug Wacken Open Air, DE
15-17 Aug Bloodstock, Derby, UK

* More to come....
* Upcoming shows will be added to this index page as well as the myspace calendar.

Guitarist Anders comments on the reunion:
"Well, it felt like the timing was right for once. We have been talking about a possible
reunion for years now, but this was the first time everything fell into place.
For me personally, it feels like getting closure. The break-up over ten years ago
was abrupt and left a bad vibe between us that took years to get over.
We have a better relationship today and a more relaxed approach to
who we are and what we do. The time is right to get together and play some shows
Try to catch us live in the summer 2008. It could be your last chance"

Considering Arian Erlandsson did a John and Yoko (Although his missus is soooooooo hot) on COF, he's probably desperate to play in front of more than 10 people... Carcass and ATG. Amazing.!! All I need is for Chuck S to be brought back to life and my list of must see bands will be complete!

I remember a time when classic lineup reunions actually surprised me. Now it's virtually trendy.

That said.. FUCK YES to this news!!

It was so obvious...

What would really be killer if some of these "god-like" acts would skip the Wacken bullshit and play some festivals or a tour to people who really care about these bands. The major festivals are just flooded with these weekend-metalheads, if you know what I mean... *sighs with disgust*

Oh well, the almighty $$ (or €€ in that case).

The fact that none of those big reunited acts seems to care to get some decent US shows is also some evidence of incapacity for the US scene and the bads/promoters as well.

Still not going to Wacken. But I suppose I'll make an attempt to see them if they stop by. And the price isn't foreboding.

man you guys are fucking insane, the more the better i say! next i'm hoping for exumer, demolition hammer, exhorder, eucharist, maybe laaz rockit actually doing some real touring, hexenhaus, vio-lence and morbid saint. that'd fucking rule. i'd go to wacken every year if they got those bands to reunite.

"It's a loud, smelly uncomfortable crowd, with huge speakers hurting my ears, and me being unable to move." "I'd rather watch a DVD of it."

I DO NOT LIKE CROWDS. THE NOVELTY OF SHOWS WORE OFF AFTER THE GIGANTOUR SHOW LAST YEAR GAVE ME TINNITUS FOR 2 DAYS. I don't know if I'll even see Kreator at this point. I really just stopped caring after it kept damaging my hearing. I can't wear plugs either, they slip inside and take tweezers to pull out. If that insults you, too bad.

I like live shows. But if they aren't going to be within a half an hour's worth of driving distance, I'm not going to be arsed. If I go to Europe, it will be for the sake of seeing Europe and taking in the culture and food. Any of these bands want to make me care, they can tour, not play two shows on each and overcharge for them

man you guys are fucking insane, the more the better i say! next i'm hoping for exumer, demolition hammer, exhorder, eucharist, maybe laaz rockit actually doing some real touring, hexenhaus, vio-lence and morbid saint. that'd fucking rule. i'd go to wacken every year if they got those bands to reunite.

Thing is, most of them don't tour. They play about 5 shows and then call it quits again. It's called "Shit, we have some bills to pay, lets play a few shows together and then maybe half-ass another record and call it a day till 2015 when we need money again."

All shows are at least 3 hours from me... I really would rather have a burger and a malt for the trouble.