First it was Carcass and now it's...

The Ozzman

Melted by feels
Sep 17, 2006
In My Kingdom Cold
At The Gates!

Legendary Swedish metal band AT THE GATES will reunite for several shows next summer. Confirmed dates so far are as follows:

Jul. 4-6 - Ruis Rock, Finland
Jul. 31 - Aug. 2 - Wacken Open Air, DE
Aug. 15-17 - Bloodstock, Derby, UK

Commented guitarist Anders Björler (currently in THE HAUNTED): "Well, it felt like the timing was right for once. We have been talking about a possible reunion for years now, but this was the first time everything fell into place. For me personally, it feels like getting closure. The break-up over ten years ago was abrupt and left a bad vibe between us that took years to get over. We have a better relationship today and a more relaxed approach to who we are and what we do. The time is right to get together and play some shows Try to catch us live in the summer 2008. It could be your last chance"

It's on blabbermouth.

Carcass is only doing one show. At The Gates will probably only do shows in Europe and Scandinavia. If there is a US tour in the works for them, I am definitely driving to the nearest city to see them.

i hope to god they come to the states, lol god this is like torture, two great bands reunite, but are off in europe so i cant see them

Is there really such few good gigs in the states? Here in europe they're all over the damn place. We're sick of seeing emperor and all that bunch :lol:

Most bands go to all the same cities. Occasionally they will add 3 or 4 different dates, but it's usually the same venues every fucking time. It pisses me off.

Carcass is only doing one show. At The Gates will probably only do shows in Europe and Scandinavia. If there is a US tour in the works for them, I am definitely driving to the nearest city to see them.
so annoying, I think I need to move to Europe. The US is so crappy for metal these days. Our festivals are always loaded up with gay metalcore bands and our government is consantly blocking bands from playing

Yeah, fuck them for only going to places where they might make money

The only reason for their "reformation" is to cash in, obviously. I wouldn't even see Carcass if they played close by. This is the band that gave you the atrocity that is Swansong let's not forget.

so annoying, I think I need to move to Europe. The US is so crappy for metal these days. Our festivals are always loaded up with gay metalcore bands and our government is consantly blocking bands from playing
Not really. I have never known a band blocked from playing here and we have such fabulous fests as California and Maryland Death Fests