First it was Carcass and now it's...

Epic-fail-guy-dance.gif

so annoying, I think I need to move to Europe. The US is so crappy for metal these days. Our festivals are always loaded up with gay metalcore bands and our government is consantly blocking bands from playing

Amen Brother, I'm with you. Everytime I see that an awesome band I really want to see is doing a little US tour they completely bypass Central Florida. It's always wack bands opening up for decent bands to make everything appeal a little bit more to the "cool" people. It pisses me off.

There are a lot of great European bands that also just can't get the funds & support to tour in the US. They won't make any money by coming here. The musical climate in the US is sickening by comparisson. Carcass & At the Gates are fucking nobodies over here in the US unfortunately :err:

They recently banned Metal Bands from playing in the House of Blues in Orlando. I have no logical reason as to why. Something about trying to clean up Disney I think :ill: If you can believe this - Nightwish was actually moved from this venue & I believe that's the reason.

Not really. I have never known a band blocked from playing here and we have such fabulous fests as California and Maryland Death Fests
The government wont let Marduk or Gorgoroth tour here. Moonsorrow doesnt want to tour here. Frost will never be allowed in this country, Dissection had to cancel the final tour (before Jon died) because of visa issues and Venom had to postpone their tour for the same reason. Festivals like ozzfest & sounds of the underground have select good bands but are loaded up with crappy bands who wear girls pants & play nothing but the same breakdowns over & over. Some of the festivals have good bands but they dont even come close to Wacken, Hellfest, or Infernofest.

Not to mension its difficult as hell to find fans of good metal around here. Any time I meet someone into heavy music, theyr obsessed with bands like Lamb of God or Trivium & look at me funny if I mension Emperor, Immortal or Enslaved

Also for the record, Im pretty annoyed by the removal of heavy bands from the House of Blues, however it is pretty typical to what goes on in this country.

I saw Marduk tour over here supporting Deicide in May 2001 with no problems. They were then scheduled to return to North America with Amon Amarth and Diabolic---less than a year after the Deicide tour, but only a few months after September 11. This time, it was suddenly a much bigger pain in the ass to get them in, partially due to criminal records of some members. By the time the tour started, it still hadn't been resolved. Although they continued to work through it and try to meet up with the rest of tour at some point during it, it never happened.

I saw Marduk tour over here supporting Deicide in May 2001 with no problems. They were then scheduled to return to North America with Amon Amarth and Diabolic---less than a year after the Deicide tour, but only a few months after September 11. This time, it was suddenly a much bigger pain in the ass to get them in, partially due to criminal records of some members. By the time the tour started, it still hadn't been resolved. Although they continued to work through it and try to meet up with the rest of tour at some point during it, it never happened.

So it's not any different than letting anyone into the country with a criminal record. It doesn't matter whether they play in a metal band or not, the fact they have a criminal record is why it's so difficult. The government isn't blocking whole bands, it doesn't care. It does care about potential criminals.

Amen Brother, I'm with you. Everytime I see that an awesome band I really want to see is doing a little US tour they completely bypass Central Florida. It's always wack bands opening up for decent bands to make everything appeal a little bit more to the "cool" people. It pisses me off.

There are a lot of great European bands that also just can't get the funds & support to tour in the US. They won't make any money by coming here. The musical climate in the US is sickening by comparisson. Carcass & At the Gates are fucking nobodies over here in the US unfortunately :err:

They recently banned Metal Bands from playing in the House of Blues in Orlando. I have no logical reason as to why. Something about trying to clean up Disney I think :ill: If you can believe this - Nightwish was actually moved from this venue & I believe that's the reason.

too many people here in the US like shitty music

This is why the midwest sucks. It's all Christian rock bands and Top 40 bullshit. Goddamnit.

Amen to that. I totally feel ya.

as for the Carcass reunion, they'll probably just proceed to play songs from the shit-tastic albums known as Heartwork and Swansong and completely ignore the rest of their discography when they play live. pretty much a good reason just to stay home and blast Symphonies Of Sickness.

as for At The Gates, they've spawned so many imitators that the impact of their music will no longer be felt. so much for a reunion.