First day back in classes...

ChromeLife

askew
Oct 24, 2001
Atlanta, GA
Found out that I have no class on Tuesdays (score,) and this morning I went to a class that was supposed to be a profile of Einstein... well the prof. says he changed his mind, and it is now a class on Magick (and we have to spell it that way.) Apparently we will be talking about how magick relates to technology and philosophy and such. As a note, he is a total RPG geek, and is obsessed with Buffy the Vampire Slayer. As if the class wasnt strange enough already, there is a "slow" kid in the class who just kind of yells random things out in the middle of class.

This will be interesting me thinks.

- I was wearing jeans, a sweater, and a P coat and they let me in... so I suppose thats a no on the duster and boots

- The slow kids cooperation would be preferable to the odd chick who sat next to me and told me all about her drug addiction that she is getting over.. and the fact that she is getting married to some guy she met like a week ago.

- Im not sure how much buffyness will be involved... but so far he has mentioned it about 4 or 5 times.

as a side note he said we get to summon deamons at the end of the semester... \m/

- We can only hope Alex. Mabye I will get sucked into some nether dimension and the members of the board will have to come rescue me from some death cult.

- Why thank you Ms. Preppeh.

Now that I think about it my chances of survival are nihil. Toby would broker a deal with the death cult to get my teeth after I'm gone. It would all be downhill from there.

i actually have ehard of all these buffy symposiums in universities in england and everything where intellectuals get up and present thesis's on various topics on buffy and i think it would be neat to go but then again if they start over-intellectualizing my faovrite show it would probably make me vomit.

chromelife: i want more reports on this class as it goes on whether or not its buffy related or not. i am fascinated to hear what you learn.

"learn"

For serious though, I will keep you updated.

For the record he also mentioned Magic: The Gathering... and I think the kid in front of me was calculating his saving throws for the mid-term.

That sounds like it could be awesome if your classmates are good.. but... how can a college allow that to happen? I mean, people pick [really expensive] classes based on what they want to study - how can a prof just "change his mind"? If not for the magick part i would be livid.