First lyrics, now solos

Your dad used to work with the singer? That's awesome! They're actually getting back together(minus Doug Cerrito, who was one of the main songwriters).

Between the Hammer and the Anvil's solo(s) kick my ass. Tornado of Soul's also kills in mass quantities. I really dig Killing' Road's solo. So many good solo's to choose from... Alexi Laiho on Mask of Sanity, Hate Me!, any Children of Bodom. Iron Maiden's The Trooper and TNOTB(666) have great 2-part solos. Stranger in a Strange Land. Michael Romeo - Egypt, The Hunter, Sea of Lies, Smoke and Mirrors, etc. take your pick!, Symphony X. Power Symphony's Dante's Inferno - about a minute through the song it just rips! Intro solo to Optimist or Pessimist, Nevermore. Sinergy's solos are all fuckin great. Hammerfall, the second song on Renegade (can't remember the name.) Soilwork - Machinegun Majesty. Overkill - Who Tends the Fire (outro). Helloween - I Want Out, Midnight Sun, wide variety really. Any Chuck Schuldiner lead/solo. Soulreaper - Satanized (both are very short but stellar!) Manowar - Black Wind, Fire and Steel, Blood of Kings. Acoustic solos on Kamelot's Siege and Blind Guardian's And The Story Ends. Oh yeah, also Nevermore's Precognition. Samson's Blood Lust (RIP, Paul) Nocturnal Rites' Hellenium, Free At Last, Never Die, The Watcher, many choices. The Strato trade-offs between Timo Tolkki and Jens Johansen. JP's Hard As Iron. Alex Whatshisname for Sinner, Silent Force (World Aflame). Mob Rules' Eyes of All Young. God Dethroned - Under a Silver Moon. In Flames - Suburban Me. Bruce Dickinson's Taking The Queen rounds out this group nicely....

Originally posted by SlaughterofSoul
I just started listening to them about a month ago. They're probably one of the best bands I've heard. They should have been more famous than Cannibal Corpse and the like.

QUOTE]I can't believe they do not get more recognition. I have been listening to them forever, and I tell you, I have always felt they were one of the best Death Metal bands around.