Your favorite solos/soloists

Thank you very much, dude :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: I´m not the singer, but I wrote the song, played that shit and recorded/mixed it :) Johnny Brugger is our singer´s name.

+1000 I would also add him. There are so much great solo guitarists..but I really love Chris Poland (ex Megadeth) do you know him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PsJEYU1n08

Of course dude! "Peace Sells..." is my favorite Megadeth album. One of em at least. Closely tied with "Rust in Peace."

-Joe

Of course dude! "Peace Sells..." is my favorite Megadeth album. One of em at least. Closely tied with "Rust in Peace."

-Joe

Oh yeah, Peace Sells has such an awesome endtime apocalypse mood. It´s so great, especially the Chris Poland solos. On "the system has failed" he´s also a great enrichment. I just listen to this album :)

@Marcus...very, very cool playing and quite good feeling in it. Big up, dude :)

Thanks Felix! I wish I could say I wrote it, but I'm proud at least of nailing all the subtleties in learning it by ear! :D Just wish I could play the rest of it :erk:

And Joe, I totally understand about the emotional response dude (and yes, it was Manowar :lol: ), and that's awesome that it worked for you!

Thanks Felix! I wish I could say I wrote it, but I'm proud at least of nailing all the subtleties in learning it by ear! :D Just wish I could play the rest of it :erk:

And Joe, I totally understand about the emotional response dude (and yes, it was Manowar :lol: ), and that's awesome that it worked for you!

Cool dude, glad we are on the same page. :kickass:

-Joe

Oh yeah, Peace Sells has such an awesome endtime apocalypse mood. It´s so great, especially the Chris Poland solos. On "the system has failed" he´s also a great enrichment. I just listen to this album :)

Yeah, that is what I love about that album! "Wake Up Dead" is one of my favorites.

-Joe

Yeah, that is what I love about that album! "Wake Up Dead" is one of my favorites.

-Joe

Oldschooooool :kickass: "Wake up dead" has one of the best groovy Metal riffs of all time imo. You know..this riff later in the song, not the main. I´m sure, you know, what I mean.

edit: Joe, I confused something. This riff I meant, is another song on the album..I think "the conjuring"..also great!!

Last edited by a moderator:
You´re welcome, Marcus :) How much do you learn/train guitar each day? I´m sure you will play the rest of it soon!

Haha, well I play guitar at least an hour a day, but I gave up "practicing" awhile ago; the only time I use a metronome is when there's a specific lick I wanna learn (often I write things I can't play, for example), and I guess I could do it for the rest of that solo...but eh, too much effort :lol: But yeah, no exercises or practice routine; all I care is that I can play the music that I wanna write!

One hour a day is actually very good, I think. Depends how you use it. I play since I´m 15 years old..in my youth I trained not so much, just more fun. But I had two years, where I began to practice like a crazy freak..I was a crazy freak. 8 hours a day was not rarely..I learned some yngwie, vai, satriani stuff because I wanted to put in the MGI Guitar Institute Munich (The German pendant of Guitar Institute of Technology). I learned so much there (also lot of Jazz, fusion, progressive rock) My diploma I will make at November 2009. Wish me luck, dudes :)

Congrats Felix, great accomplishment! I'm a lazy fuck, so I'm lucky if I get an hour a day! I'd really like to change that.
-Joe

Thank you, Joe. Now currently I am also not extremely into practice, but I stay in routine, because of some very progressive students of my school. I get permanently kicked ass in a figurative sense. I have to hold quality. But practice for me individually I currently not have enough unfortunately. Thats´s why Holiday is so damn important for me..I have time for my stuff.

Joe, you could make an exercise plan for example. Wich guitar techniques you have focussed?

Thank you, Joe. Now currently I am also not extremely into practice, but I stay in routine, because of some very progressive students of my school. I get permanently kicked ass in a figurative sense. I have to hold quality. But practice for me individually I currently not have enough unfortunately. Thats´s why Holiday is so damn important for me..I have time for my stuff.

Joe, you could make an exercise plan for example. Wich guitar techniques you have focussed?

To be honest, none in particular.

I have played for 10-11 years, but my skills do not show it! I become very lazy and will usually wank instead of practicing technique or skill.

My new band is primarily hard rock, stoner rock...so we are more jam oriented than technically. I still LOVE metal and want to get my chops up to speed.

I should be WAY more developed by now. I've had 3-4 teachers and only really enjoyed the last one. I have many books but find it hard to focus on them.

-Joe

Just jamming can also be very satisfactory and FUNNY :) Speed is not all...fun is the most important thing in any case. And believe me dude...If I had some beer, I also wanna only jam..simply playing some bluesy licks and sing along drunken..haha

Just jamming can also be very satisfactory and FUNNY :) Speed is not all...fun is the most important thing in any case. And believe me dude...If I had some beer, I also wanna only jam..simply playing some bluesy licks and sing along drunken..haha

Haha definitely dude! My style (soloing) is very bluesy based. I like to think I have a mix of Hendrix, Schenker, and Page as main influences. I just want to learn more theory, have a bit more speed, and be able to create more interesting leads.

Also, I want a better chord vocabulary.

-Joe

Oh yeah I just saw a Movie with Samuel Jackson as an old Blues Guitarist...simply awesome. So much feeling in there!! For me the most important music genre of all. Metal would certainly not exist without Blues. I really love it. And Stevie Ray Vaughn is so damn great, man!!!

Eh, I really wouldn't recommend any sort of practice routine; apologies to you Felix, you're a great player (certainly better than me, but I've only been playing for 8.5 years ;)), and I know practice routines are definitely helpful, but honestly I think the best thing you can do is just play along with songs, preferably those that you have to work to be able to play; it's so much more fun, the songs were almost certainly recorded to a click (thus by playing along to them you essentially are too), and if there's ever a lick you can't play, THAT'S when you bust out the metronome and slowly but surely work it up to speed. It's worked for me, and while I don't consider myself amazing, I'm able to play well enough to achieve my musical goals, which is all that matters to me! Also, I do a lot of recording to a click track (I always record when I write music, I can't do it any other way), so that's my accidental "practice routine" as well, and I often try to write licks I intentionally can't play, which forces me to improve as well!