first mix I post here, my band's first song, melodeath/blackcore

Injectionboy

Jan 18, 2008
this isn't my first mix, I've done a few before, this is my band's first recorded song, we recorded it in my home :D

drums:slate drums(for kick snare and toms) all the cymbals and shit are the GSCW ones.

guitars: a shitty ibanez gio something plugged into a jekyll and hyde distortion pedal and direct to the microphone input XD used the engl savage power amp impulse someone posted here and I used one of the mesa curveeq spectrum thingies.

bass: ibanez K5, mm DI'd and used the amplitube preset "1X15 driven"

i'm actually suprised how good everything sounds despite the shittyness of the equipment ahah

here listen to it here :headbang:

http://rapidshare.com/files/120379056/Mixdown__3_.mp3.html

UPDATE: here's a soundclick page :D

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=795648

Eek dude, tune your guitar! (though I'm sure it's hard to keep a shitty low-end Ibanez in tune, it's still worth the effort :ill: ) Otherwise, though, good job making a direct distortion pedal sound this good, and the music is pretty cool. Guitars seem a bit loud, and the ride as well, but the drums otherwise sound good. Just tune next time!

yea we did each guitar in one take, so it lost it's tune as the song went by XD that guitar's tone sucks ass also, we'll be re-recording it and all of our other songs with my gibson SG standard :D so it'll be nicer on the ears ^_____^ oh and do you think the current line up of equipment can be good for all the other songs?

P.S. all the rhythm guitars and the solo at the end (I did the sweeps :D) were recorded by the other guitarist, and he has this thing to get out of tune with holding chords :q, nevertheless I think he did a great job doing the rhythm in my opinion

man that reply really brought a big smile up my face ^___^ yes I honestly can't really wait until we record the other songs, we've got some pretty cool and inspiring ideas for the next songs up our sleeve :D