First mix-test from the album - comment please!

This sounds really really great!!!

Guitarsound is awesome.
Good balance between kick and bassguitar.
Same applies to drums; depending on individual taste
- snare could be cutted a little in the low mids and
- toms sound a little flat/brave
Good vocal performance; but i think vocals need some de-essing (listen to the phrase "... how am i supposed to see ...").

Well done!

Yeah, I overboosted the highs before the compressor on the vocal tracks which made it very airy. Was planning on fixing that until next occasion :) Thanks for the feedback Blue Wall, really good points! What do you mean by toms sounding flat? Like, not enough body/tone or?

Well, i try do describe. In german language i would use the word "knackig".
Maybe "punchy" is a comparable phrase.
My personal taste for toms is to find a good balance between a certain amount of transients and the tuning of the individual drum.
Generally spoken: enough attack and bass.

I guess you're right, it might be psychoacoustic. There is something weird to me or my hearing about the "too-precise" alignment of transient for those notes, it's like all instruments kick in together after the short silences and their transients add up and my brain notices it !

I kinda like the wall of sound you've made there btw!

Well, i try do describe. In german language i would use the word "knackig".
Maybe "punchy" is a comparable phrase.
My personal taste for toms is to find a good balance between a certain amount of transients and the tuning of the individual drum.
Generally spoken: enough attack and bass.

I see what you mean! I thought about it actually.. I'm gonna try making the toms a little bit "rounder".

I guess you're right, it might be psychoacoustic. There is something weird to me or my hearing about the "too-precise" alignment of transient for those notes, it's like all instruments kick in together after the short silences and their transients add up and my brain notices it !

I kinda like the wall of sound you've made there btw!

Yeah I think that's what happens. The timing feels the brain, there is a lot of contrast there (silence vs loudness) which might make it seem like it's pumping.

What wall of sound, which part? :)

I'd say Catch 22 00:45 and onwards (in the mp3 you provided), I like the balance, it's got a kind of nu metal quality to it in a good way (not to mid-dy guitars). Its progression sounds good with the major scaled chorus as well, good vibe !