First Mix with new setup

sangreal

Sep 9, 2004
Australia
Hi everyone. I've been a long-time reader of the forum but this is the first time I've posted anything. I recently shelled out for a new home setup (003, midi controller, bx8as) to replace my old Mbox and this is the first thing I've done with it. Its by no means a final mix and definately needs to have everything turned down a bit. At this stage there is no master bus processing, I'm more just looking for some initial feedback.

Keep in mind I am very, very amatuer, but I would still appreciate if people were as harsh/honest as possible regarding mix/arrangement etc.

http://download.yousendit.com/713321390F01691E

Yeah. I'm just never happy with pod tones at all... I'll be re-recording guitars when my axe-fx arrives.

You can improve your POD tone i guess though...

I have a shitty Korg AX1500g and even if it soudns like shit compared to my ENGL SE i've succeeded in improving my tone with it recently (i use it to track stuff and to play with my headphones when i could cause some "noise disturbance" with my Engl).

Of course, but for me this is something that I arrived at which I don't mind. I find it useable in the short-term. You do seem to have a preference for "less gain, less presence". That's definately fair enough but I'm more willing to wait for the new gear to start the REALLY hard work.

Hahaha, obviously I consider turning two knobs counter-clockwise hard work. I did run it through SSL channel, I might just tweak it from there for now.

Of course, but for me this is something that I arrived at which I don't mind. I find it useable in the short-term. You do seem to have a preference for "less gain, less presence". That's definately fair enough but I'm more willing to wait for the new gear to start the REALLY hard work.

Hahaha, obviously I consider turning two knobs counter-clockwise hard work. I did run it through SSL channel, I might just tweak it from there for now.

héhé ok :)