First mix of first band I'm working with (Metalcore)

Snare sounds overly tubby. I would cut back on some of those lows/low mids and give it more high end attack. Rest sounds pretty good man.

Its all personal preference but id take out a little more of the lows/mids of the snare and shoot for more of a snap. The kick is getting buried alot in the song.

Sounds pretty good man. I agree though. Brighten up kick/snare and lead guitar a lot. Try scooping 200hz in the kick and boosting 60(ish) and see how that turns out. Add a little sizzle to the snare.

If you only mic'ed the top of the snare, something works really well to brighten the tone up is to duplicate the snare track, throw drumagog on it, and have it trigger a brighter snare. I do this quite often.

Also, I don't know if it's supposed to be like this, but in the beginning, when the right guitar cuts out, it just sounds awkward. But I guess you never know until you have all of the instrumentation/vocals. GOOD JOB

Sounds pretty good man. I agree though. Brighten up kick/snare and lead guitar a lot. Try scooping 200hz in the kick and boosting 60(ish) and see how that turns out. Add a little sizzle to the snare.

If you only mic'ed the top of the snare, something works really well to brighten the tone up is to duplicate the snare track, throw drumagog on it, and have it trigger a brighter snare. I do this quite often.

Also, I don't know if it's supposed to be like this, but in the beginning, when the right guitar cuts out, it just sounds awkward. But I guess you never know until you have all of the instrumentation/vocals. GOOD JOB

Thanks so much for the feedback man :) I did put under the link, that i shortened the intro guitar regions by accident but its sorted now :p its not suppose to be like that!

And as for the kick, I have 200 scooped and I have around 75 - 80 boosted a little. Could be the transient designer making it a bit weird, I added it to give it a little more thump. Maybe too much?

Snare is my next stop tonight, its got a pretty big boost at around 200 for the body cuz it sounded a bit thin without it. Maybe just bring it down a little bit

Snare sound muffled and the kick doesn't have enough click to cut through.

You're on the right track though, lead needs to cut a bit better though. What are you using for guitars (VST or was it an amp)?

Snare sound muffled and the kick doesn't have enough click to cut through.

You're on the right track though, lead needs to cut a bit better though. What are you using for guitars (VST or was it an amp)?

I'm having trouble with these drums cutting through yanno :/ they always seem to get buried really bad. Can anyone help?

Thanks for the feedback though! Im using an ampsim, pod farm 2!

Guitars should be brighter , need some noise gating (little noises here and there). Are they panned 100 LR? Snare seems too loud compared to guitars. But it's definitely not bad , just needs some tweaking.

edit: I also agree that the kick needs more click

Guitars should be brighter , need some noise gating (little noises here and there). Are they panned 100 LR? Snare seems too loud compared to guitars. But it's definitely not bad , just needs some tweaking.

edit: I also agree that the kick needs more click

Good point about the guitars, they seem a bit too moulded into the bass if that makes sense? Ill have a play with the treble and some more EQ. They are panned 100 LR though. I'm struggling with the drums to be honest. Sound fine on they're own, mixed as best as I could but when everything else is brought in they get drowned out. Trying to get some more click into the kick but my transient designer is providing a lot of thud (which I quite like) so its hard finding a way around it without loosing some low end from the transient designer.