First mix

infectdsniper

Dec 6, 2010
Athens, AL
www.facebook.com
Well this is my first realish mix that I have made. Its really short and pretty much just a breakdown but I wanted some opinions before i started recording other people. Any likes or dislikes are appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like it. ^^
Heard it a few times but especially in this short piece I can´t find something
that didn´t sound good. But if you want to record other people I would suggest
you´re recording some other stuff with more variety so we could here more from
you.

you are going to need a longer clip my friend to be able to completely judge. I would also need to know what you are using for drums and guitar etc....that would help make an accurate judgement. Out of just the sound you got, it is pretty good for your first time. I would recommend adding some lows for starters, it is very treble-ish.

But good job

ok. thanks. I dont have stands for my monitors so if I dont get down on my desk I'll tend to not hear alot of the treble :p I'm not the best at making songs but I'll get to work on something with some variety and length.

Guitar is left and right hard panned. ENGL blackmore into gregs free impulse. with the only eq being a low and highpass
Drums is superior with the kick and snare sampled
bass is just DI to my profire with lots of compression and almost all of the treble taken out

I have mics and drums but I dont have a treated room so thats why im not really doing any micing.