My first mix ever. (melodic hardcore with groovedowns)

DudeBro

New Metal Member
Jul 21, 2010
My first attempt at a mix. It's definitely not as big of a sound as I was aiming for. Can't get anything to sit well or sound good in the mix. Some of your guy's opinions/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Drums are AD. Guitars are PODfarm.

EDIT: working MP3 version

nice job man. better than all of my mixes. theres a definite lack of bass though. theres a decent free amp bass/sim/detune thing out there on the internet. i can't remember what its called though.

one of the first 808's in the song sounded really off for some reason (right at about :56).

other than that, good work. got some pretty groovy break downs. which is what i assume a groovedown is haha.

Thanks man! I'm glad you guys dig my tunes :]

Yeah, I think I might have compressed the overheads a little too much. Maybe I'll EQ them a bit to brighten them up. I'm going to make another mix for the drums tonight.

is the bass just a DI turned up?

No but it probably might as well be. I can't get a good bass tone to save my life. Though, it would probably help if I weren't using a shitty bass with old strings.

And when I rendered the drums, they were all on one track. So I couldn't pick separate pieces of the kit and process them. My first big mistake.