Melodic Hardcore Mix.

Carnivorouschrysalis

Chuck Finley
May 19, 2012
I'd like to get your opinions on this melodic hardcore mix. It's just instrumental, so far, but i'm probably going to wait till i get a better microphone before recording any vocals. It's also unmastered, so it's probably a little quiet.

And, if anyone would like to give mastering this track a shot, i'd very much appreciate it, as i have no experience with mastering, and i don't want to try it without having any bearings, and even first hand guidance.

My Mix

Well, it's not melodic hardcore. At all.

It's not too bad, avoid using the Slate drum samples as it's a dead giveaway they're programmed. Also edit the velocity and timing of each drum note so it's not all perfectly on time, makes it sound like very cheesy.

I'm not using a drum program, so I can't edit the velocity of the hits, and slate drum samples?

And I guess i just have a wrong idea of what melodic hardcore is.

And, money is tight for me, so, is there any free drum program that would at least give me decent quality and humanization functions?

Pretty sure it's superior drummer, not slate, xTomx. What do you mean you're not using a drum program? How are you creating the drum sounds? Most DAWs have some kind of piano roll MIDI editor that will allow you to change note velocities, and SD2/Slate/Addictive Drums have humanization functions built in.

I use drum samples plopped onto each track individually in my DAW. I copy and paste the drum hits for my samples. kinda stupid, i know, but everyone around where i am, uses superior drummer and those kinds of programs, and their drums sound like shit, so i've stayed away from using programs. doing drums this way has also given me a bit more control over the sound of them drums themselves, but then again i could probably do that before i load the samples into a program.

and the fact that everyone's drums around here (that uses those programs) sounding like shit is also due to the fact that they do not know how to utilize their programs to the fullest effect.

Not that i could probably do any better, though.