First post: Albums like "Something Wild"

wow thanks alot guys!!
yeah my bad, i guess it is more neo-classical. but from what little black metal i actually listen to, you can't deny that In the Shadows has that feel, especially in the first like 30 seconds of the song.

It should, considering that riff is basically Transilvanian Hunger. :lol:

Something Wild doesn't really sound like black metal at all. There's a small vibe in parts of songs, but that's about it. I'd say there's more neo-classical than anything.

I've heard a few Warmen songs, and they also carry this neo-classical vibe. I'd check them out.

Black metal sounds closer to Something Wild than any song of Warmen, imo.
It's just neo-classical black metal, main of the background sounds black metal, the feeling of this album is black metal !
Voices, guitar / drum sound, and overall the riffs.

(just noticed how much times I used "black metal" :lol:)

┼Victim of the Night┼;7223485 said:
God, thanks, finally someone said that!! :) I had noticed the same thing but always forgot to say it, haaa.
Both songs are great.

Indeed. Both songs are awesome. :kickass:

┼Victim of the Night┼;7221098 said:
You're absolutely right, never happened such a thing before... I remember I was doing more things at the same time when I posted that.
Not an excuse though, but it's the truth, you're obviously free not to believe me, I accept it. I apologize anyway.

Hehe, I don't really care. I just had to correct you.

It should, considering that riff is basically Transilvanian Hunger. :lol:

Fuck, I totally forgot to say that.

I think they recorded it near the SW album recording session. Apparantly, it was done in 1998 so they were probably using all the same gear as SW and didn't step up to HB quality until a year later or something.

Well, you could always try early Norther albums (although it's more like FTR not SW)
You could also try Dragonlord or Bal-Sagoth