After a few new bands.

TheJanitor

New Metal Member
Jan 22, 2009
Hey guys, first post here.

Im after some new metal bands, i'm not really too bothered about genre but here ar ea few exampes of stuff i currently listen too.

Divine Heresy
Fear Factory
Children of Bodom
In-Flames
Killswitch Engage
Pantera
Machine head
Shadows fall
Older trivium material (Bite me =<)
Mudvayne
Manowar. (Yeah yeah.. :rofl:)

Im pretty open style wise, im not a huge fan of the constant use of Death growls, really not my thing. Other thaqn that. go wild, i love combinations of melodic and growling/screaming vocals.

Cheers.

Check out Opeth. Big mix of Growls and clean vocals, excellent sense of melody. Quite long songs, don't know if you're into that or not. Check out Blackwater Park and Ghost Reveries to ease yourself in.

Iced Earth - Dark Saga, Burnt Offerings, Horror Show

YOU NEED THESE ALBUMS

Im after some new metal bands, i'm not really too bothered about genre but here ar ea few exampes of stuff i currently listen too.

Divine Heresy
Fear Factory
Children of Bodom
In-Flames
Killswitch Engage
Pantera
Machine head
Shadows fall
Older trivium material (Bite me =<)
Mudvayne
Manowar. (Yeah yeah.. :rofl:)

Im pretty open style wise, im not a huge fan of the constant use of Death growls, really not my thing. Other thaqn that. go wild, i love combinations of melodic and growling/screaming vocals.

Cheers.

I suggest you get over the growls thing, otherwise it'll be difficult to find stuff. Also, no one ever, ever needs to apologize for listening to Manowar.

Anyhow.
Skyfire, Kalmah, Kiuas.
Dark Tranquility, At The Gates.
You'd probably like Lamb of God.

If you like Manowar, try their more badass big brother, Manilla Road. I recommend Crystal Logic, The Deluge, or Open The Gates, but you can't really go wrong with them.

Fear Factory

You would probably enjoy these albums a lot.

PitchShifter `industrial,submit,desensitized
Godflesh `selfless,streetcleaner.
Crawl `earth
Chimaira `pass Out of existence,the impossibility of reason

In-Flames

At The Gates `slaughter of the soul
Eucharist `mirrorworlds
Edge of Sanity `purgatory afterglow
Soilwork `a predator's portrait
Scar Symmetry `pitch black progress
Unanimated `ancient god of evil

Listen to thrash fool...

Artillery - By Inheritance
Sepultura - Beneath The Remains
Sodom - Agent Orange
Kreator - Enemy of God (not their best, but more your style)
Sabbat - Dreamweaver
Atrophy - Voilet By Nature

For hardcore I think Darkest Hour and Underoath are at the top of the game.

For thrashier stuff Arch Enemy, As I lay Dying, Dew Scented, and Mastadon haven't been mentioned yet.

For alternative metal It Dies Today, He Is Legend, Cynic, Nightwish, and Still Remains are some of my personal favorites.

There's many entire threads about best DM bands so I won't even go there. Plus you mentioned keeping away from str8 up growler stuff.

Nightwish, Cynic, and He Is Legend aren't alternative metal and the track I heard from Still Remains honestly sounded like average metalcore tbh.

NoTSR is awful and the lyrics are inexcusable given that English is their first language.

Alive In Athens is awesome.

NoTSR is awful and the lyrics are inexcusable given that English is their first language.

Alive In Athens is awesome.
I like the lyrics. But Alive in Athens is pretty cool. Pretty good to get for noobs.
Hey InFlames, you actually recommended Kiuas in this thread and I didn't. What's up with that? ;)

And OP, fucking listen to Kiuas!

You didn't use this :cool:

wtf