need some new bands...any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
just listen to Six Feet Under, Kittie and Brujeria, that's the next step in the good direction...

after that listen to real death metal: Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Dying Fetus, Cephalic Carnage, Nile, Dark Tranquility, Belphegor, Amon Amarth, Malevolant Creation, the Crown, Neuraxis, Obituary, etc.

So far I've been listening to Slipknot, Pantera, Disturbed, Hatebreed, and Killswitch Engage. I know it's not much, which is why I'm here. Can you give me some bands that sound similar to any of these?

Trivium
A Valantine for my bullet
As I lay dying

:yuk:

EDIT: Just search emo metal.

this guy is going through the usual process (that I went through and I'm sure many here went through)

check out

bloodbath
behemoth
metallica
megadeth
kreator
sodom
slayer
hypocrisy
mastodon

you'll enjoy those bands

Trivium is good to introduce someone into a heavier genre of music, you cannot just jump right into something.

Reccomending Trivium bears the risk of leading the reccomendee down the wrong paths. It is better to reccomend bands who used to be tops in their genres but play a more mainstream style in modern days.

If you want him to start a path down Black Metal Lane, start him off with Dimmu Borgir.

If you want him to start a path down Death Metal Lane, start him off with In Flames.

i'll be nice.

municipal waste
helloween
sonata arctica
decapitated
ensiferum
asmegin
kamelot
erm...too many to list.

most of those bands are gay. except for Municipal Waste and Decapitated. oh wait, the original poster listens to Disturbed. carry on....

Dän;5615424 said:
I agree, based on the shitness he listens to now. But why recommend other shit bands for him to listen to?

Well some Melodic Death metal is terrible while a good amount of it is pretty good. It may be crappy to most but its a start. For me, Hypocrisy and (old) In Flames were to two first Death Metal bands I liked which got me to where I am now. Its almost like a step by step program to getting into metal.:) Start with the poppy, melodic stuff first, then get heavier and heavier.

Status
Not open for further replies.