Berzerker, The
Chimaira :eek:
Darkest Hour ??
Death: WatchTower - any
Deftones :eek:
Disturbed :eek:
Fear Factory: Red Harvest - Sick Transit Gloria Mundi
Meshuggah: Extol - Synergy
Nightwish: Rhapsody - Symphony of Enchanted Lands, Rhapsody - Power of the Dragonflame
Pantera :eek:
Paradise Lost: Darkseed - Diving into Darkness
Psycroptic ??
Rammstein :eek:
Samael: Lunaris?
Sepultura/Soulfly :eek: Mortification - s/t, Mortification - Scrolls of the Megilloth
Sirenia ??
Slayer: Sadus - any
Static-X :eek:
Strapping Young Lad :eek:
System Of A Down
Tiamat: maudlin of the Well - My Fruit Psychobells... A Seed Combustible
Tool :eek:
Within Temptation :eek:

didnt expect responses to come this quick. thanx. im looking into the matter =)

as for atreyu and chimaira i havent really listened to them much yet, i just tried it a few days ago and mentioned them based on initial impression. and i do realize Distrubed is too MTV for you guys.

Of course I can. Nightwish have an unbearable vocalist, annoying riffs and create an all around cheesey atmosphere. They are a very bad band.
I guess that's an understandable point of view.. but I still feel Meshuggah is the musically weaker band. They really do have an unbearable vocalist... No riffs..(I've heard all of both Chaosphere and the new one and I couldn't find any actual riffs), and.. just a general sucking atmosphere. One of those bands where people rave about them being so heavy and br00tal when they basically just make noise.

crimsonfloyd said:
Of course I can. Nightwish have an unbearable vocalist, annoying riffs and create an all around cheesey atmosphere. They are a very bad band.

Are you fucking kidding me bro? I'm shocked at this revelation. Tarja has the best female vox of any female I ever heard! (Besides my lover Heather Findley ofcourse)

I also agree with the poster above me. Even though I don't consider messugah a bad band. As I can tolerate them. I wouldn't ever spend a dime of my hard earned money buying one of their albums.

On a side note- I checked out the band psycroptic as a result of this thread. If you're a fan of brutal death, then this is the band for you.

crimsonfloyd said:
I know this isn't what you asked for, but this is what your gonna get

Anathema <--Alternative 4 is great, everything else is just ok
Arch Enemy <--Overated, but decent
At The Gates/The Haunted <--Overated but decent
Atreyu <--Meh
Chimaira <--Heard them, but can't remeber their sound
Darkest Hour <--Meh
Deftones <-- One good album, everything else is lame
Disturbed <--HAHAHAHA
Meshuggah <-- Finally somthing good
Nightwish <-- *Sigh*
Pantera <--HAHAHAHA
Paradise Lost<-- *Yawn* Then again I havent heard their old stuff
Rammstein <--Meh
Samael <--Guh, how can you suck on so many different levels
Static-X<--HAHAHAHA
Strapping Young Lad<---Please stop this, my stomach is aching
System Of A Down<--Best nu metal band
Tiamat<--I like parts of "Wild Honey" other then that they aren't too good
Tool<--Overated though drummer is cool
Within Temptation<--Celine Dion

Conclusion, your taste in music sucks.
You are a fucking IDIOT.

zhora: the problem here is that it's hard to know what types of bands to recommend. 'Good ones' is too vague, since your definition of 'good' ranges from Anathema/At the Gates/Disturbed/Tiamat/Strapping Young Lad etc - there isn't that much in common between them, (except they all suck LOL I'm crimsonfloyd and I'm cool)

I agree with Caelum Adustum here, just look at some other 'list bands' thread and go from there.

I agree. That is a pretty diverse list. Narrow it down to more general sets of styles, and maybe then I can help you too.

Atreyu sucks. If you really wanna listen to some decent screamcore whatever bands check out The Bled, Unearth, Between the Buried and Me, Premonitions of War, Martyr AD, and maybe some Underoath and Funeral For a Friend.

But to be honest, heh, Death Metal >>>>>>>>>>>Screamo :)

Arsis, Beheaded, Decapitated, Decrepit Birth, Disgorge, Impaled, Necrophagist, Neuraxis, Pyaemia, Rotten Sound, Septic Flesh, Spawn of Possession, Vile, Vital Remains....and many, many more!

LordFireworm said:
Sweet Jesus. Tell me you've heard of Necrophagist...

I've heard OF them, but that's it. I was assuming they were grindcore and never thought of giving them a listen. I'll check them out though! Thanks! :kickass:

Orion Crystal Ice said:
I guess that's an understandable point of view.. but I still feel Meshuggah is the musically weaker band. They really do have an unbearable vocalist... No riffs..(I've heard all of both Chaosphere and the new one and I couldn't find any actual riffs), and.. just a general sucking atmosphere. One of those bands where people rave about them being so heavy and br00tal when they basically just make noise.
Well yeah they're vocalist has never grasped me, but he gets the job done (except when he tries to sing *shudders*). I like the mechanical crunchiness of thier riffs and precussion, it does a good job just sort of locking you in. Good for when your writing a paper or something. The atmosphere is indeed a bit lacking.

AllWithinMyMonster said:
Are you fucking kidding me bro? I'm shocked at this revelation. Tarja has the best female vox of any female I ever heard! (Besides my lover Heather Findley ofcourse)

I also agree with the poster above me. Even though I don't consider messugah a bad band. As I can tolerate them. I wouldn't ever spend a dime of my hard earned money buying one of their albums.
Sorry I can't stand her use of opratic vocals, which can work if done well. And the number of female singers that blow her away (I'm assuming were not limiting ourselves to metal) is endless.

I actually haven't ever spent a dime on Messugah either. Ripped all their albums off a friend. Far from one of my favorites but they work when I'm in certain moods.

I did recomend him Celiene Dion :D

Other then that, why in the hell can't we discuss the bands. He's getting plenty of recs as it is. It's not decreasing the amount of recs he's getting cuz were talking about the bands.