The Results Are IN! The Top 100 Bands of UltimateMetal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opeth at #1...sweet creeping Jesus. Disconnected, disjointed, unintelligible, pretentious, random, neutered, nonsensical stupidity...folk, prog metal, melodeath, and alt-rock thrown into a big pot and stirred into an unrecognizable, constantly shifting lump of goo. And THIS is the "best metal band of all time"?!

In Flames at #3...talk about flavor of the month. Better than Priest and Metallica? *snickers* And Black Sabbath isn't even in the top 10. Where are your priorities, people?! Oh well, at least Overkill made the top 25. And I'm with the "Be glad there's no Hammerfall" guy...I don't think my sanity could survive that.

Yeah, I'm bitching cause I have nothing better to do. What's your point?

1. Opeth
2. Iron Maiden

I find the top 2 quite interesting. I´ve never listened to Opeth myself, but what I hear and read about them, is that their fan base are mainly the youth in teen-age. And then with Iron Maiden, we have one of the grandfathers of metal up there.
Anyway, good job GraveDigger !

Cheerz

Well I suppose Korn and Slipknot might be a little to heavy for some people and that's why they didn't make it (especially Slipknot). But for Evanesence to not make it, well that's unbelievable. There the most original band I've heard in a long time.

The poll should've lasted longer. This one lasted about a week correct ?A month or even 2 would be better. You almost need to advertise this list so everyone gets a chance to vote. Then again the tallying would take awhile. It would've gave a more definitive list but it's not too bad I guess. Most of my top 10 made it in even though I didn't get a chance to vote. I agree Sepultura should have made it in though. Cannibal Corpse aswell even though I'm not into them they definately have talent.

Maybe Grave Digger will do another one later.

well, i can argue all day long that craptallica should have been ranked #101, and of course, it looks like brown nosing to some (and to me in a point view), but then again, i have more than enough balls to say that i was a metallica fan at one point in time, but of course, at least the current #1 band on my list beat metallica by being placed at #2 in this list.

Status
Not open for further replies.