The Results Are IN! The Top 100 Bands of UltimateMetal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I was the only person in the UM comunity to vote for Crowbar, and when I saw the list and saw CoF(read:JUNK) I almost punched the screen, otherwise, most of my picks made it. BTW. OPETH was tenth on my list, with TesTamenT and CROWBAR above them. Listen to Crowbar \m/

I have all of Crowbar's albums- they are a favorite of mine- but Time Heals, Equilibrium, and Obediance through Suffering- do little for me- there are few stand out tracks- they are all very good- just nothing special.

Now, Sonic Excess, Crowbar, Broken Glass, and Odd Fellows- I find to be very good. Sonic Excess was just perfect- so maybe the next one will be even better.

I hate picking 10 bands in order. I put Samael at Number 2, just because I wanted to see them make the list, they are my favorite band to listen to- but I know they arent the best musically, nor sadly, do they have a hell of alot of influence.

Im kinda of mad that Sepultura , and Fear Factory didnt make the list- I forgot to vote for them- but in their primes they slay most of the bands on this list.

And why in the hell does Metallica have a higher ranking than Death? Disgraceful...And why Cradle of Filth higher than Sonata Arctica? I'm also wondering why such a famous metal band as Dio is in the 50s. I'm a big fan of Opeth's older stuff, but I can't say anything bad about their results.

Opeth is great and all that - but, yes, we all know that No.1 is a reach for them. But fans of a certain band will put their favorites up top, we know that, as well.

Metallicarus - it's all about opinions and tastes. I have a lot of friends who are into underground 80s shit - like Watchtower, Mekong Delta, the stuff you have on your signature picture - and yet they never argue when you say that Metallica has made the best metal ever.. I mean, when I first got into them, there were no Exodus, Forbidden, Vio-lence, Testament around at the time (because it wasn't as easily accessible) - and Metallica, with its attitude AND melody really made an ideal "starting band" for a metal beginner. And now that I do have other stuff around - Testament, Pantera, Slayer, Overkill, hundreds of others - Metallica still stand above them all..

Brent said:
Decent list, but I'm laughing at the thought of Opeth being the best Heavy Metal band of all time.

Well, the purpose of the poll wasn't to determine the best band of all time, but which bands UM readers like the most. Opeth has a very large following around here so the results aren't really surprising (but still disappointing :p ).

did u ever listen to sepulnation?!?!?!? its was as bad as megadeth's risk

Yeah I heard it. Good song but obviously not their best. Megadeth just blows. Blows goats. And David Mustaine sounds like a pussy.

Status
Not open for further replies.