The Results Are IN! The Top 100 Bands of UltimateMetal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
FrostGiant said:
Well I suppose Korn and Slipknot might be a little to heavy for some people and that's why they didn't make it (especially Slipknot). But for Evanesence to not make it, well that's unbelievable. There the most original band I've heard in a long time.

they also didn't make it b/c they are not metal. they are just noise distorted rock music.

Contrarty to popular belief folks, not EVERY member of this board has heard EVERY band in existance......

Of course bands that are popular at the moment are most likely to find there way to the top of the list..... while I certainly hold Sabbath in higher esteem than would be indicated as the general consensus in the poll, not EVERYONE started with Black Sabbath.... and of those NOT EVERYONE has made their way back to discover metals roots.

Then you have to consider what kind of demographic is most likey to be visiting these forums.... and as someone said 'supposedly the majority of Opeth's fan base is of the nerdy-teenage variety' (or something to that effect, though I don't believe it to be true.)

I mean honestly folks, keep whinging about why such and such a band didn't make the list, or why such and such made it to such a high spot... but don't forget that we ALL COME FROM DIFFERENT BACKGROUNDS... so it just depends on where the majority of forum members started out at any given time.

Hell, Opeth are one of my favourite bands..... if they didn't make it to the top 5 AT LEAST I would have been suprised...... not upset, but surprised at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.