first post ever...w/sample from my prog album (in the works)

May 23, 2010
I've been at this, writing/recording this thing since winter 09. I'm just now getting around to trying to mix it even though I have alot of vocals left to write/track. I'm not sure what kind of feedback I'm looking for, but I just wanted to throw myself into the game I suppose. I have Slate drums on the way, but the snare and bass drum here are the Sneap ones from this forum, and the rest is crappy Sonar session drummer samples. Guitar Rig 3 for guitars and bass...I know guitars need to come up. I also have alot of trouble getting things loud cuz my music is so damn layered. It gets hard to maintain. This is just a sample , but say what thou will... :) The song is called Stimulus, and it's a ten minute epic...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7583100/stimclip2wave.wav

If you want more people hearing this, I suggest you upload the mp3 somewhere and link it here. You can use Dropbox for this.

People usually don't have the patience to download a file completely.

bassdrum could use a little less clicky sound
snare could use some more highs compared to the kick's high click and a little bit more verb
guitars could be a bit more upfront
vocals could be a tiny little bit softer, they take quite some space.

Atleast that's what I would try at this point.
Song has some uniqueness to it, that's a good thing, I like to see that more often with other bands/projects so keep it up!

Thanks a bunch. I just got my Slate drums in the mail and have been tweaking them, so I will be reposting soon. I've already brought the guitars out front more, and compressed that bastard bass. Sounds much better, but my project files are so huge cuz of all the layers, I have to start a new project from scratch with the Slate drums because of the memory they take up. I'll have to mix the basic music down (gtr, bass, drums, keys) and then do all the ambience and vox on top. Hopefully I'll make some headway this weekend...I am really busy with school as well.

:Spin: