First post in a while - Cannibal Corpse cover with recto tones

Dylan S

Celephai
Feb 27, 2009
Australia
Hey guys,

I've been busy the last couple of months with University prac and a whole bunch of other stuff (like my computer dieing) so I hadn't recorded anything for a while.

I thought I might record a quick cover to try and get back in the swing of things because I have a lot more recording to do very soon but I wanted to get back into practice a bit.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1044020/Gallery - 1st.mp3

It isn't final yet (no vocals or solo) but I think this is one of the better tones I've recorded (still has problems though :( ). I haven't paid much attention to the drums because I lost my 2.0 preset I made when my computer crashed, so I just got a preset off here somewhere and tweaked it a little - I'm getting Metal Foundry quite soon so I figure I'd wait to mess with that heaps.

What do you think? Some advice would be great. :)

Great guitar sound. Excited to hear where you go with the mix, excellent playing and programming, and it's the start of a great mix as well.

What was the exact signal path with guitars? You told me in a PM that it's Recabinet IRs, what else are you using?

Shane - I can't take credit for the drum programming because I stole the MIDI from a guitar pro file. :lol:

The guitar tracks are just two tracks with my Schecter Loomis with 707's (love this thing). I'm going out of the slave out of my dual rectifier head on channel 3 (diodes/modern) and I also have a ZW-44 overdrive and an ISP decimator in front of the amp. I duplicated the tracks in a similar way to how you did in your demo video on youtube.

For one guitar track I am using 4 IR's - 1960 cabinet with 6l6 power tubes for all of them...
i5 cap grill
i5 edge grill
121 edge 4
D6

So it is 8 different 'tracks' of guitars but I only did 2 performances. I've got a lot of EQ happening on the guitars as well, just taking out some mids and boosting the highs in certain areas.

Thanks for the kind words. :)

Melodeath - It is just my Yamaha RBX375 with VERY old strings. I recorded it DI into Cubase and used the IK Multimedia plugin Ampeg SVX.

Thanks guys.

The guitars are actually pretty scooped going into Cubase from my amp and I have a lot of scooping going on with EQ's. Maybe I could take some more out, but I don't want to get too carried away - the mids on my amp were at 9:30 for this. :lol:

Melodeath - It is just my Yamaha RBX375 with VERY old strings. I recorded it DI into Cubase and used the IK Multimedia plugin Ampeg SVX.

Always loved this song. If you want, I've made a preset for SVX that is based off Webster's SVT4-Pro settings on the Evisceraton Plague DVD. All you'd have to do is add an impulse (I know he uses an 8x10 with both a dynamic mic and a condenser mic on it, one for the "tone" and one for the "clank" of the strings on the frets.)

On the DVD, Alex refers to it as the 'click or finger attack'.

Either way, any chance I can snag that preset? I am not sure how an 'Evisceration' bass tone would go with music that I play most of the time, but it'd give me a good starting point anyhow. :) I'm only quite new to this plugin.

Thanks man.

Anyone else want to listen? I might record the bass again tonight but probably not - I've got to go away for aobut a week tomorrow so I'll have to be packing.