First post/quick mix!

ITSREALLYJUICY

New Metal Member
Jan 18, 2011
Hey guys, new to the forums here I'll introduce myself real quick. My name is Brandon Stastny, I play bass for the band For The Fallen Dreams. Been interested in home recording for a while now but never really had the time to get too serious with it. I've had some time off and thought I'd jump back in and try to improve my mixes. Taking in as much as I can from the forums!

Guitars are Pod Farm (Left) and Amplitube (Right)/(Center Lead)
Drums are the Chango FOP Kit
Bass is Zombass 3

Been having some trouble with my copy of Pod Farm and Ableton so I haven't got my guitars anywhere near where I'd like them and I know my drums/bass need a lot of work as well.

Thanks for any critiques in advance! :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum man! Definitely like the "dark" feel of the mix, I like the ambience with the lead guitar, the guitars sound a little to crunchy to me, I know you said you were having problems with Podfarm so no worries. I think the drums sound killer they don't need to be changed much unless for personal preference. I'm sure if you can get Podfarm to work a little more you can adjust the guitar tones to where you want 'em.

I personally think that the "snare shot" is a bit loud and present in the mix. Would like it to sound more roomy and deeper into the mix.

I like the FX on the snare during the break down, I think they would be a lot more effective if you used them a bit less though!