First Post - Splawn Nitro & Quickrod Recordings Content

windsen

New Metal Member
Jan 18, 2008
Houston, TX
www.soundclick.com
Hey everyone,

A bud of mine told me about this board. Seems like a pretty cool place with lots of good gear info so I went ahead and joined! Although I'm a total gear head I'm a complete recording n00b. I thought I'd post some of my recordings and hopefully benefit from the good advice around here to improve on them in the future.

Anyways here's a link to my soundclick with a bunch of my Splawn recordings:

Splawn Nitro

Nitro w/ KT77s - Breate Life
Nitro w/ KT77s - Original Drop C Riffs
Nitro w/ KT77s - Old School In Flames
Nitro w/ KT77s - Heart of Darkness
Nitro w/ SED EL34s - A Vulgar Picture
Nitro w/ SED EL34s - Hourglass

Splawn Quickrod
Quickrod w/ KT77s - Redneck
Quickrod w/ KT77s - KT77 Soundcheck
Quickrod w/ EL34s - Colony

I've got a few more Splawn recordings as well as some Tiny Terror and HD147 stuff at my soundlick here: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=358837&content=music

I look forward to becoming a part of the Sneap forum. Thanks :headbang:

-Windsen

Another Houstonian. Welcome to the forum! This is probably the best forum around for truly learning things. Lots of great advice, and all in all, it's pretty "civilized" here.

thanks for the welcome grywolf!

hey rexrocker. yea it's me shredhead. good to see you over here.

DSS3, yea i've been getting feedback from people saying that my clips sound a bit distant and muffled. a lot of it has to do with my poor knowlege of proper mic'ing technique. i'm finally getting some proper guidance on this tomorrow. i'm heading over to a bud's house and he's going to help me get some proper recordings down. thanks for the listen.