First Pro Tools Mix

guitar sound is tits

so real drums with no samples? Damn fine job sir

Vocals are a tiny bit loud but that could just be my personal preference. Also the bass my be just the slightest bit thin sounding

Overall it sounds great man!

Clip updated :)

I too thought the vocals might be a tad on the loud side....the bass is actually pretty fat sounding so ive just turned it up a bit in the updated clip.

Ayeeeee all natural, so least when people say "I wanna hear something you've done with natural drums before I commit to letting you mix our bands blah blah..." I can at least shove this at them!

Cheers Carlos!

Sounds even better now!

vocals are sitting just about perfect and there is just enough extra thickness with the bass makes it all punchier to me

Again, awesome job man, especially on those gats and drums!

Thanks guys! I've not mixed anything in quite a while so its good to get back into it :) Pretty pleased with how its come out so ive just bounced the WAV down for the back catalogue \m/

Sounds really good! How do you like PT for mixing? Also can you give link to the tracks if this was public mix-off?

Sounds really good! How do you like PT for mixing? Also can you give link to the tracks if this was public mix-off?

Thanks! Yeah I love PT for mixing, I think it all boils down to personal preference in the end but it works well for my style. I used about 80% stock PT on this mix btw.

I'll try and find you the thread and post it here, might take awhile as its been fairly backlogged now but its a fun one nevertheless! :headbang:

Nice mix... i like that it's raw like fuck! Have you reamped the guitars?

sounds pretty awesome man , really like this snare :)

you said its a mix practice , someone posted the stems or it yours? because Id love to mix this one for fun..

Guitars are just amp sim with heavy EQ'ing, not usually my style but it worked for this!

Yeah somebody posted the files up....ill try to find them though as I say its abit backlogged now!

*This is not my song* =)

haha so this time around it's real drums but no real guitars?
I didn't think that it sounded like reamps done by you, but I thought the guitars sound pretty Jaymzy non the less, like with the Fallen Fate stuff.
Wouldnt have guesed on a sim tho, maybe because I was blown away by the drumsound
Great work dude!

Haha yeah I couldn't be arsed to reamp with my rig with the folks being around and what not....plus the DI's were merged into stereo files which seemed to be abit all over the shop pan wise :S Still took a fair bit of EQ to get it sounding fitting with the rest of the track but it works I guess! That must be the "Jaymzsyness" you speak of :D

I used Gregs beta impulse I think it was.