Grindy Bass

Much appreciated guys! Pantera bass tone kicks serious balls!

The cymbals are Joey's cymbals and the kick is a blend of kicks im working on for my upcoming album...or at least pre-pro demos haha

Yeah I couldn't really judge the low end very well as I was on headphones when I was putting these together, HD280 = no low end :(

Nice bass sound right there. Whats producing the grind Sansamp or Podfarm? Usually I dont ask for da settingz but what amp and Cab models are these?

It's a bit of both for the top end, just the SVT 8x12 and the rockclassic (I think its called)

I only have the entry version of PODfarm.

Its in standard tuning aswell, so thats not exactly going to be uber Meshuggah style alot of people dig :)

I love it! Perfect amount of grind. I'm glad that Dean Sledge is treating you well. Sounds like you're getting it well figured out!

Glad you dig it man! Ive got a tasty new pup on its way over to drop in aswell! EMG goodness! Cost a large portion of this month's wages but it'll be worth it ;)

Hi man
Did you record 2 tracks of bass?Good job!Also i liked the drums a lot.They sound natural:D

Hey man,

I just tracked the bass once :) Thanks! The snare on that is actually only one sample IIRC....ive yet to multisample the new one ive been working on.

Still pissing around with the kick! haha

I know, how is it doing by the way? Hope you are looking after it well.
Yeah, re the PodFarm I was wrong. That's only for podx3 owners.

Its doing great, I use it alot! Its sat in my rack all the time and I look after all my gear so its as in good nick as when it arrived :Smokedev:

Hell yeah!

Can't wait to hear how it sounds with the stock pup swapped out....ive already setup a A/B test before and after if anybody is interested ill post it when the pup arrives :)

Here's

That same section but with some rough amp sim double tracks....also the bass tone might have changed a little since the OP but still, its alright to listen to: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/451140/MOTI_Clip8.mp3

Crank it, as its pretty quiet!

This is all experimental for the mix of the album in working on. Didn't know weather its worth creating a new topic so ill just bung it on the back of this one :wave: